LockedCakewalk Announces New Line of USB Audio Interfaces

Author
Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4951
2009/07/30 17:29:37 (permalink)

Cakewalk Announces New Line of USB Audio Interfaces

Cakewalk announces the newest additions to the growing line of affordable, high-quality hardware products, designed in conjunction with Roland. These three new USB audio interfaces, the UA-4FX, UA-25EX, and UA-101 provide a simple solution for the mobile musician and/or recording studio to connect and capture audio to Mac & PC.

Visit the links below for more info, images, videos, and 360' Tours:

USB Audio Interfaces: http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/AudioMIDI.asp

Best,
Kate

8 Replies Related Threads

yevster
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 761
    Re:Cakewalk Announces New Line of USB Audio Interfaces 2009/07/30 18:15:55 (permalink)
    Are there any differences between these devices and the ones that were previously released under the Edirol brand with the same model numbers?

Thanks.
    candlesayshi
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 694
    Re:Cakewalk Announces New Line of USB Audio Interfaces 2009/07/30 20:16:20 (permalink)
    And also coming soon, an all new line: Cakewalk PCR series keyboard controllers!

TaoMannaDon
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 120
    Re:Cakewalk Announces New Line of USB Audio Interfaces 2009/07/31 11:14:21 (permalink)
    candlesayshi
    And also coming soon, an all new line: Cakewalk PCR series keyboard controllers!

I wonder if this signals the end of Edirol as a brand.

candlesayshi
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 694
    Re:Cakewalk Announces New Line of USB Audio Interfaces 2009/07/31 14:05:38 (permalink)
    TaoManna Don  
    I wonder if this signals the end of Edirol as a brand. 

Nah. I don't think so. Even if Cakewalk does eventually do the PCR thing I mentioned (which I really wouldn't doubt), Edirol still has the video stuff and field recording gear, which Cakewalk doesn't really have any precedent for.

marksthespot
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:Cakewalk Announces New Line of USB Audio Interfaces 2009/08/14 12:19:04 (permalink)
    yevster

Are there any differences between these devices and the ones that were previously released under the Edirol brand with the same model numbers?

Thanks.

Don't see any reply to this here, or to my e-mail a couple of weeks ago to customer service with the same question. I'm guessing we know the answer already, but it would be nice to know if there's any value added to the Cakewalk-branded release. (Of course if there isn't they probably wouldn't want to say so here...)
    MMVOX
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:Cakewalk Announces New Line of USB Audio Interfaces 2009/09/03 22:34:15 (permalink)
    Hi Kate,

Is the UA-4FX compatible with these processors:

AMD Athlon X2 dual-core 7550 or and Intel Pentium Dual Core T4300

The Cakewalk page for the UA-4FX indicates that the processor should be an Intel Pentium Processor 1GHz or higher, but that the bundled software that comes with the unit will operate with an Intel Pentium 4 at 1.3 GHz or higher, or and AMD Athlon XP 1500+.  Is it safe to assume that if the software will operate with the AMD Athlon then the UA-4FX will operate with it also?  Or, is that a foolish assumption?

Thank you for your assistance. 
    fhciriza
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:Cakewalk Announces New Line of USB Audio Interfaces 2009/09/19 16:24:09 (permalink)
    I'm building a new machine and am wondering about what sound card to install. I used to use a Creative Sounblaster Live with the old HomeStudio 2, but it seems things have changed over the past few years. I'll be running Sonar HomeStudio Any suggestions out there? Also, if I plan on using one of the new Cakewalk interfaces, how does that affect/impact the sound card?
    Samara Krugman
    SONAR REAC
    • Total Posts : 164
    Re:Cakewalk Announces New Line of USB Audio Interfaces 2009/10/07 10:38:11 (permalink)
    marksthespot

yevster

Thanks.

Don't see any reply to this here, or to my e-mail a couple of weeks ago to customer service with the same question. I'm guessing we know the answer already, but it would be nice to know if there's any value added to the Cakewalk-branded release. (Of course if there isn't they probably wouldn't want to say so here...)

Hi all,

There are no differences between the Edirol versions of the UA-25EX, UA-4FX and UA-101 and the Cakewalk versions of these products. They all have the same components and features.

Hope this helps!

-------
    Samara Krugman
    Product Manager
    Cakewalk

Samara Krugman
    Product Manager
    Cakewalk
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1