Cakewalk Cloud, Sonar To Go, Multiple Computers

Author
papacucku
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 135
2016/12/03 11:55:32 (permalink)

Cakewalk Cloud, Sonar To Go, Multiple Computers

I have a downstairs studio, a studio in an upstairs office, at times I would like to mix review sonar projects at work.  Toolsets and workflows like office365 and google docs (cloud apps) are pretty much adopted by many industries, especially those like Education which envelope the younger generation.

I have two questions
1) near/short term ideas or solutions
2) longer term ideas or solutions

How does cakewalk and how do cakewalk users currently solve these issues?  Could I remote control my main super studio rig and somehow effectively stream the audio to the client (not likely).  Can I create a "windows to go" windows 10 USB drive that boots to my studio rig on any computer? It might be slick to walk into a studio in Nashville and be able to literally access my home studio rig in all its glory as well as just mixing from a remote office.

2) long term will Cakewalk Sonar (or any DAW for that matter) make the jump to cloud computing? At least for mixing but also maybe if I have an interface or instrument I could setup an "input template" that would remember the audio setup on multiple PC?

Rig1: Platinum. 1513 Intel Core i7 5930K (3.50GHz) 32GB DDR3 SSD, GTX 970 Windows  10 64. Focusrite Saffire 6i6. Presonus Monitors.

Rig 2:Platinum. Win 7,  Quad CPU 8 DDR3. SSD. RME multiface II, Oktopre MKII, StudioLive AI 16,  Presonus Sceptre Coaxial Monitors.  
Drums:TAMA ImperialStar, Roland TD30
Keys: Yamaha Mx-61, M-audio Keystation IRIG I/O Midi Controllers.
Additional Plugs:Melodyne Editor, Izotope (all), Autotune, Trillian, East West(most),Addictive Drums2, Addictive Piano, AIR FX Collection.

1 Reply Related Threads

gswitz
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5694
    Re: Cakewalk Cloud, Sonar To Go, Multiple Computers 2016/12/03 13:12:27 (permalink)
    You can definitely share your screen and stream mp3 quality audio to a band mate or client.

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
    I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1