Cakewalk Command Center

Author
toddsilva
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 203
2018/10/03 00:33:44 (permalink)

Cakewalk Command Center

Hi,

Is it possible to do a fresh install of CW Sonar platinum version? Command Center still has a valid webpage, so I am assuming I can install that and download legacy apps. Correct?

Here's the second part of the question - How long will Command Center be around? I want to be able to have access to pre-BL Sonar and legacy plugs.

Thank you, Todd

X3e Pro, i7 870 Gigabyte, Win7x64, 16G DDR3, Saffire Pro 14

8 Replies Related Threads

chris.r
    • Total Posts : 206
    Re: Cakewalk Command Center 2018/10/03 23:38:55 (permalink)
    toddsilva
    Here's the second part of the question - How long will Command Center be around? I want to be able to have access to pre-BL Sonar and legacy plugs.

That's one question, we Sonarians are left without a clue... (and other unlock options)
    DaGeek
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 74
    Re: Cakewalk Command Center 2018/10/04 00:43:57 (permalink)
    toddsilva
    Hi,

Is it possible to do a fresh install of CW Sonar platinum version? Command Center still has a valid webpage, so I am assuming I can install that and download legacy apps. Correct?

Thank you, Todd

Yes, I just re-installed Sonar Platinum last weekend on a new machine.

Cakewalk by BandLab | Sonar Platinum | Gigabyte Z370 AORUS GAMING 7-OP  | Intel  Core i7 8086k CPU | 16 GB Memory | NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Focusrite Forte

stratman70
    Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3044
    Re: Cakewalk Command Center 2018/10/04 02:00:09 (permalink)
    I just reinstalled using some of CCC.

But i have had all my exe's downloaded and backed up for years. You should do that if you haven't already.

toddsilva
    Re: Cakewalk Command Center 2018/10/04 03:23:58 (permalink)
    stratman70, great idea, thanks!

Do you know if the EXEs can be downloaded using CCC if I already have them installed?

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Cakewalk Command Center 2018/10/04 03:37:12 (permalink)
    The installers are in your account and may already be on your PC if you have not cleared the download folder used by the Command Center. To open the download folder, click the gear in the upper right on the Command Center UI, click the paths tab the click the open folder icon to the right of the Download path.
    toddsilva
    Re: Cakewalk Command Center 2018/10/04 03:41:22 (permalink)
    Thanks scook, for the reminder. Remember seeing that a while back.

kennywtelejazz
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7151
    Re: Cakewalk Command Center 2018/10/04 13:39:59 (permalink)
    To whom it may concern . A quick heads up .
    A friend of mine gave me one of his older computers , a 17 inch  Win 7 64 lap top.
    What I wanted to do was install Splat first using the CCC .
    Then I wanted to install Cakewalk  by Bandlab  using the Bandlab assistant...

I had backed up my Command Center including all my downloads on an external drive ...So I knew I was good to go.

What I did was I installed the CCC and then when it came time to update each product I would run the saved download file . The CCC was good at adding my products after they installed ...

Here's the heads up part .
    I found it very helpful to to have all my serial numbers and registration numbers already handy ...
    ex Dim Pro , Rapture , Concrete Limiter ,,,ect ect 
    One or two of my purchases wanted the serial number . A couple of others had that number showing on the product and wanted the registration numbers that were tied to my acct ...
    I noticed that in many cases I would get an error when I copy and pasted the reg numbers ...
    It did not matter if I used the copied number from my Cakewalk acct page 
    So what I did was to place the numbers in question  in note pad and then type the numbers manually...
    Every time I did it that way my products were registered  ...

As for the rest , after having done a fresh install of Splat on the lap top I went and installed BandLab assistant, ran that to get Cakewalk By Band Lab ...Lucky me ..it turns out I had gotten the newest Version of Cakewalk By Band Lab ..
    Daag on ...this newest version of Cakewalk is kicking a$$

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
    The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
    I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
    The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

slartabartfast
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5289
    Re: Cakewalk Command Center 2018/10/04 19:50:17 (permalink)
    chris.r
    toddsilva

That's one question, we Sonarians are left without a clue... (and other unlock options)

Cakewalk sold a number of products in addition to SONAR which require access to an activation server. Rapture Pro and Z3TA +2 can run as freestanding synths in addition to VST plugins. Those were not cheap when I bought them and require either CCC or a crq/dat file challenge response in order to activate. It would be a shame to see those fine instruments die from neglect.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1