Cakewalk Express

Author
JimmyZD
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2015/06/18 08:55:31 (permalink)

Cakewalk Express

Hello all,

For the longest time I've used the old Cakewalk sequencer (specially, version Express 3.02) for the vast majority of my music (I mainly compose MIDI files to be used in user-made content for the oldschool shooter videogame Doom), and I still find it amazingly useful. The only problem I'm finding with using it today is that it will not launch or install on a 64-bit operating system (hence, I've been running the 32-bit version of Windows 7 for the last 3 years I've had that OS).

I am wondering if:
(1) ...there is a way to allow the program to run in 64-bit Windows 7.
(2) ...I can use the program in a virtual machine or something like that.
(3) (probably a bit of a pipe-dream, but) ...if this version of the program can be patched or released anew, to be more compatible on modern systems. It was created before Cakewalk the company was Cakewalk (and was instead called Twelve Tone Systems, Inc.), but I don't know the possibilities of, or the legal workings behind a re-release of this version of the program, officially or unofficially.

I plan on replacing my laptop soon and will most likely be running the 64-bit version of the OS this time around, if I can still use this ancient but still brilliant version of Cakewalk on it.

Thanks in advance, hopeful for your response(s). :)

Cheers,
- Jimmy
post edited by JimmyZD - 2015/06/18 09:02:14

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1