Cakewalk Instruments in Cubase

Author
subtractive
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2010/07/30 09:27:51 (permalink)

Cakewalk Instruments in Cubase

If I'm being honest here, I have not been impressed with Sonar since switching over from Logic (mac to PC) about a year ago.  It's extremely clunky, and very unstable.  That being said, there are things I love about the "package", such as Z3a+.  Does anyone know, can I somehow run the software instuments/effects from Sonar on Cubase??  I'm thinking about trying Cubase, but there are some instruments from Sonar I'd like to keep.  Thanks in advance.  Scott

3 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Cakewalk Instruments in Cubase 2010/07/30 10:52:37 (permalink)
    Z3TA is a vsti/dxi - so the vsti's will work for sure.  Some of the producer 3rd party stuff is linked to SONAR so it won't work.  The 64 channel strip, for one.  But if you don't have Producer or don't need those you'll be fine for Z3ta, DimPro etc.

I never liked logic, so horses for courses.  SONAR made more sense than logic or Cubase.  Good luck, Scott, and let us know how you like Cubase.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:Cakewalk Instruments in Cubase 2010/07/30 11:52:27 (permalink)
    somethings work.. some don't, IRC LP64 uses licensed code, so doesn't use any host besides sonar

if you wanna use steiny plugs in any other host by theres... forget it, they are locked or use vst3 etc. this is a major peeve I have...I pay for the thing.. I should have a right to use it wherever I want

subtractive
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re:Cakewalk Instruments in Cubase 2010/07/30 13:22:06 (permalink)
    Thanks for the help, guys.  I guess it'll just boil down to trial and error.  I'm looking at Reaper as well.  I think you just get used to what you start off on.  I began on Vision, and naturally progressed to Logic.  But at $3500 for a new Mac, it's just out of my reach - more to the point, I'm tired of getting ripped off!  It's really just a hobby for me, so it just wasn't worth it to stay with Mac.  Thanks again.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1