Cakewalk Instruments--Better in Sonar w/ VSTi or DXi?

Author
thehuman
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 46
2007/11/28 22:28:17 (permalink)

Cakewalk Instruments--Better in Sonar w/ VSTi or DXi?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but searching didn't come up with anything recent for me, so I figured I would see what you guys have to say about it. Normally, I have always installed only the VSTi versions of my synth's, but I have recently begun using Sonar/P5 pretty much exclusively, and I am wondering if DXi is better for them? I know they both use VSTi natively now, but seem to be built more around DXi.

So, the question: I just bought both Dim Pro and Rapture. Is there any benefit in Sonar/P5 to using DXi versions of them, or am I just as well off using the VSTi's? Thanks for the help guys.

2 Replies Related Threads

lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: Cakewalk Instruments--Better in Sonar w/ VSTi or DXi? 2007/11/28 23:02:54 (permalink)
    Because DXi has a few advantages over VST I prefer DXi within Sonar/P5.

Advancements have narrowed the Gap to the point where there might not be any reason one way or the other. I don't follow it that closely anymore. It it works go for it.
    thehuman
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 46
    RE: Cakewalk Instruments--Better in Sonar w/ VSTi or DXi? 2007/11/28 23:46:26 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: lawapa
    It it works go for it.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was feeling as well. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't any monumental benefits to either one. Thanks for the reply.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1