Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...)...

Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Author
gothic.angel
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 572
2010/07/19 15:31:02 (permalink)

Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...)...

Just a (SERIOUS) plea to the bakers....

As SONAR grows on, getting the best DAW out there, it naturally becomes more and more envied by Apple users...
Many of them (not all, of course) simply won't admit they are tired with Logic Pro (since v8...) having become a "fake" standard, diminished in factory's priority since Apple's focusing on "i-Tools"... 

IMO, We, SONAR owners, wouldn't like to see our chosen DAW reduced on a system whose new factory's prior targets have become kids and Yuppies playing with expensive "i-games"... so, JUST IN CASE THERE WHERE ANY (hope NONE...) CHANCES... PLEASE....

GIVE ALL YOUR EFFORTS IN IMPROVING SONAR ON WIN7 (runs so GREAT...), DON'T WASTE ENERGY on "TOYS"...!!!

That will pay off, if possible, more and more...

Best Regards.....................

GothicAngeL - EBM - Dark Electronics

91 Replies Related Threads

Mesh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 27360
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 15:41:06 (permalink)
    So you don't want Sonar to go up one on Apple and start marketing at Babies R Us?

+10 on your post!! I hope it continues on keeping its course and maintains Sonar as a professional product. 

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
    I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
    250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
    Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
    HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    The_Forum_Monkeys
    garrigus
    • Total Posts : 8599
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 15:41:19 (permalink)
    Yeah, I would rather they focus on the Windows platform as well. I'm pretty sure that's the plan, but I don't work for them, so it's not an official word. However, they've pretty much confirmed Windows-only development for SONAR in the past.

Scott

--
    Scott R. Garrigus - Author of the Cakewalk Sonar and Sony Sound Forge Power book series. Get Sonar 8 Power - Today! Go to: http://www.garrigus.com/  - http://www.musictechshop.com/ - http://www.cooltechshop.com/

Publisher of DigiFreq - free music technology newsletter. Win a free SoundTech Vocal Trainer Package, go to: http://www.digifreq.com/digifreq/

Publisher of NewTechReview - free consumer technology newsletter. Win a free i2i Stream Wireless Music Pack, go to: http://www.newtechreview.com/newtechreview/

eratu
    Max Output Level: -46.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2856
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 16:28:12 (permalink)
    gothic.angel

IMO, We, SONAR owners, wouldn't like to see our chosen DAW reduced on a system whose new factory's prior targets have become kids and Yuppies playing with expensive "i-games".

I respectfully disagree with this statement.

First, because it seems like you assume to be speaking for all of us.

Second, because that's just simply an inaccurate description of Mac pro-audio users. Sure, there are plenty of i-games folks on Macs, but there are plenty of pros and wanna-be pros on Macs, and a HUGE market of potential customers of creative amateurs and professionals alike.

Every filmmaker I know uses a Mac. Every one. Half the pro DJs I know use Macs. Over half the pro studios I know use Macs. Over half the professional producers I know use Macs. It's a valid, professional market with a ton of creative people making music, and Cakewalk should always be aware of the appropriate markets and competition.

There are plenty of pros out there using ProTools, Logic, Digital Performer, Live, and many others on Macs and frankly Cakewalk would be grossly negligent to its shareholders if it at least didn't do a feasibility study of what they can port/develop over to the OSX platform. The marketshare has increased percentage-wise (for good or ill) and if you watch trends, you'd be missing a lot of potential opportunity if you didn't try to take that into account.

Having said that, I don't believe it's possible (or likely smart) for Cakewalk to spend resources trying to port the existing Sonar codebase over to the Mac platform, from what I understand of it (and I'm not an insider by any means). Sonar is so Windows-centric and most likely steeped in vast amounts of Windows-specific code, I just don't see a Sonar port ever happening. Rather, if they did it, I imagine it would be on top of a brand new cross-platform library/core code for a brand new product. So it may or may not ever happen, due to the vast amount of investment they'd have to do.

And also, if they did it, they wouldn't be idiots about it, so why the worry? They'd have the proper budget, development infrastructure and teams in place to do it right. No CEO worth his/her salt would ever proceed otherwise, especially in such a competitive market. Also, they'd be doing it not because they're chasing a fad of silly i-whatever users, they'd do it because they plan on MAKING MONEY. That's the whole point of a business. To sell products to a market and make a profit. They wouldn't do it for fun or for charity. They have to pay bills, salaries.

Frankly, I think Cakewalk might HAVE to consider something like this for the next generation beyond Sonar. Several superb DAW apps are now cross-platform and the business opportunity may (or may not) be sitting right there in front of them.

Add to all that, the fact that Roland is not platform-dependent. They have a vested interest as well. So while their competitors such as Yamaha and to a lesser extent, Presonus, already have cross-platform apps, Roland does not. And look at what Live has accomplished in such a short lifespan. In Europe, it is HUGE from what I understand, a lot of plugin developers are using that now as one of the key plugin-compatibility testing platforms. The World is the market here, not just good ol' USA.

And also, if Cakewalk DOES decide to develop more Mac products (keep in mind it already has a couple of Mac products, if you're not aware!), that doesn't by default mean they're stealing important resources from Windows development.

On a personal note, while I'm a Windows user, and chose Windows over Mac for many reasons,  I have no problem whatsoever if Cakewalk decides to develop for Macs. Frankly, it might be a good thing in the long run, if they have a good game plan and proper investment/budget. It's nothing to fear, and posts like yours, especially when they seem to try to speak for all of us, just perpetuate a divide in the computer world. For me, it's about getting the best products on a professional, stable platform that works great for my projects. You can accomplish that on Windows or Macs. Who cares about petty disputes between platforms any more? I hope we're way beyond that now, and just need to encourage our developers to develop the best product possible so we can produce music the best way we can.

And on a practical level, even if you never deal with the Mac version of Sonar's offspring, a Mac version might make working with Apple-based filmmakers and producers, for example, much more smooth... even for Windows-only users. It might actually *improve* things, unify things to a degree we haven't seen before. And if it makes Sonar more competitive in all markets, it would also make the company more stable. Again, a win-win scenario.

Just my two bits. :)

Best, James
    budweiser
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 136
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 16:49:18 (permalink)
    Yes, please debug the pc version, before.... 
    DaneStewart
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 717
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 16:59:54 (permalink)
    eratu's post above should be turned into a STICKY and should be made mandatory reading for anyone intending to make any "Mac/PC" posts.

Nice one Sir.
    bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 17:07:10 (permalink)
    Every filmmaker I know uses a Mac. Every one. 

I'm figuring you must know at least one, then.

Half the pro DJs I know use Macs.

You'd have to know at least two to make that statement. Unless, it's only one and (s)he works exactly 50/50 Mac/PC.

Over half the professional producers I know use Macs.

I'll conclude you know three minimum. And maybe they are just the above 2 or 3 people?

FWIW, I don;t much care what Cakewalk does because my desires or speculations will most likely never be part of their plans. SONAR works for me. When or if it doesn't, I move to one that does.

Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4951
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 17:18:58 (permalink)
    Apple already has a better DAW than Sonar. It's Sonar users that want Sonar ported to OSX not OSX users.
    Brandon Ryan [Roland]
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3458
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 17:21:11 (permalink)
    10Ten

Apple already has a better DAW than Sonar. It's Sonar users that want Sonar ported to OSX not OSX users.

So you're using Logic then?

"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel." WG

SONAR Platinum | VS-700 | A-800 PRO | PCAL i7 with SSD running Windows 8 x64 | Samsung 27" LCD @ 1920x1080 | Blue Sky monitors with BMC | All kinds of other stuff
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 17:27:03 (permalink)
    Brandon Ryan [Cakewalk ]
    10Ten Apple already has a better DAW than Sonar. It's Sonar users that want Sonar ported to OSX not OSX users.
    So you're using Logic then?
    Owned Cakewalk Pro, then moved to Logic and then went back when Apple bought Emagic. The only reason why I didn't stay with Logic is because PCs were better at the time. That has ended, but I'm still not a fan of Apple OSes. Don't get me wrong, Sonar is a decent product but it has way too many bugs and strange quirks that make it damn near impossible to be efficient.
    eratu
    Max Output Level: -46.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2856
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 17:29:56 (permalink)
    bapu

I'll conclude you know three minimum. And maybe they are just the above 2 or 3 people?

Ahh, bapu, I love ya. (In a manly DAW user kind of way, of course! ). Actually, I just thought of one filmmaker that I know who uses Sony Vegas... or at least USED Vegas. He's pretty talented too, a good documentary under his fingers... although I haven't been in touch with him for years, so maybe he uses Final Cut now, just like almost everyone else. So I guess my prior comments should be revised... slightly.

chilldanny
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 830
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 17:30:15 (permalink)
    10Ten

Don't get me wrong, Sonar is a decent product but it has way too many bugs and strange quirks that make it damn near impossible to be efficient.

10Ten, perhaps you should goto the beginers forum, could be a setup problem

* Windows10 (x64), Focusrite Safire Pro24, Sonar Platinum (x64) * MacOS High Sierra, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9 *

Danny M
    Mesh
    • Total Posts : 27360
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 17:34:50 (permalink)
    10Ten

If so, then why reply/complain at so many threads here in the Sonar forum? Wouldn't your time be better spent in other forums praising those "other" software's you use?
    Or are you just in a bad mood today and venting out? It's ok....things will get better (after you RTM).....(((((Sonar Hug)))))))

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
    I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
    250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
    Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
    HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    The_Forum_Monkeys
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 17:38:42 (permalink)
    Mesh
    10Ten Apple already has a better DAW than Sonar. It's Sonar users that want Sonar ported to OSX not OSX users.
    If so, then why reply/complain at so many threads here in the Sonar forum? Wouldn't your time be better spent in other forums praising those "other" software's you use? Or are you just in a bad mood today and venting out? It's ok....things will get better (after you RTM).....(((((Sonar Hug)))))))    
    Reading is fundamental.
    gothic.angel
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 17:48:42 (permalink)
    Well guys, first of all, as always, thnk ya all for your respectful opinions...

then... @ Eratu:

-not only I am "aware" of those "couple" of Cakewalk products running on Mac too (Dim pro & Rapture...) but I'm also PROUD Owner of both them... together with Studio Instruments and lts of libraries for them..!!!

Nevertheless, my point (and thus provocation...) is about the fact that the idea that DAWs must run on Macs is silly, as they've become (in MY OPINION...) weak OSes focused on frivolous stuff... just look at Logic Pro...!!! Any Honest user will tell you, since its v8, it's become one of the worst  big DAWs around, despite it's glorious past.... it's still there because Apple owns it, not because it's worth the price...

Apple, I insist, are too buisy on "i-tools" nowadays, and it DOES mean something......

So, again (please CAKEWALK let us hear your voice on this...)  let's keep SONAR far from their (Apple's) Circus....!!! It will just benefit from that....

Thanks (in particular) for support to:
    Mesh, Scott Garrigus (not the "least" SONAR expert...) and EVERYBODY else joining us...!!!! Let's make our voice LOUD...!!!!

PS: Brandon, please let us know... How 'bout the question...?    
    post edited by gothic.angel - 2010/07/19 17:53:27

djjhart@aol.com
    Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2189
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 17:57:37 (permalink)

Every filmmaker I know uses a Mac. Every one
          ---- I would say 90% uses a  Mac

Half the pro DJs I know use Macs.

.. I can contest to that statement .. I would say 95% of club Dj's Use Mac. not half.. the few that do , aren't making the ching yet, and when they do they will switch..  Its a matter of time..
     I would never spin a live show with my dell laptop. never.. Macbook pro ONLY<< Thats just me.. I have tried my Traktor Pro on my dell and only had problems. never ever again..  And I personally know many top dj's and none use a PC. I dont know one dj that spins clubs that use's a pc laptop to dj..
     The main reason why there's even a disscusion is because apple cost more money, If you can buy a Mac for the same price as a pc , you would think different,..LOL Think different.. Ture statement..
     BUt we all know Sonar wont port to Mac.. it will never happen , its wishfull thinking .
    And I do agree with you guys Fix all the bugs before anything.  

post edited by djjhart@aol.com - 2010/07/19 18:02:24

Computer - Intel Q9550, Intel BX48bt2 MB, W8 64 bit. 8 gb Ram, SSD  
    Hardware - Tascam Fw1884 Control surface only, Ni S49 Komplete Kontroll,Roland Quad Capture, Ni Machine,Kore, Focusrite A/D converter, Blue Mic, Roland Gaia, Akai Mpk49, Yamaha HS80 Monitors.
    Software - Sonar Platinum , Vengeance VPS bundle,Sugar Bytes Effectrix, Turnado, NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Dune, Rob Papen  Blade , Delay, Punch Evolved.
     http://soundcloud.com/johnhartson/tracks  
     http://www.youtube.com/user/jhart1313 

Chregg
    Max Output Level: -51.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2382
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 17:57:51 (permalink)
    It really does intrigue me why people get so stressed out at what OS or DAW people use, have any of yourselves thought about taking cannibis smoking up as a habitual habit? At the rate of the stress levels on these mac v pc v sonar v logic, you'll be on valium before you know it, just a thought (lol)
    gothic.angel
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 18:06:21 (permalink)
    djjhart@aol.com

.. I can contest to that statement .. I would say 95% of club Dj's Use Mac. not half.. the few that do , aren't making the ching yet, and when they do they will switch..  Its a matter of time..
     I would never spin a live show with my dell laptop. never.. Macbook pro ONLY<< Thats just me.. I have tried my Traktor Pro on my dell and only had problems. never ever again..  And I personally know many top dj's and none use a PC. I dont know one dj that spins clubs that use's a pc laptop to dj..
     The main reason why there's even a disscusion is because apple cost more money, If you can buy a Mac for the same price as a pc , you would think different,..LOL Think different.. Ture statement..
     BUt we all know Sonar wont port to Mac.. it will never happen , its wishfull thinking .
    And I do agree with you guys Fix all the bugs before anything.  

My friend, you speak about djs....  while Kraftwerk (!!!) on their last tour played LIVE with four PCs (Sony Vaio)... and Depeche Mode (!!!!!!!!!) recorded their whole last tour's gigs on PC running SAMPLITUDE (sequoia)....

Stop legends and myths... REALITY is different..!!! PCs are configurable and most powerful than any Apple's toy out there...!!!! 

Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 18:08:34 (permalink)
    gothic.angel
    djjhart@aol.com
        .. I can contest to that statement .. I would say 95% of club Dj's Use Mac. not half.. the few that do , aren't making the ching yet, and when they do they will switch..  Its a matter of time..  I would never spin a live show with my dell laptop. never.. Macbook pro ONLY<< Thats just me.. I have tried my Traktor Pro on my dell and only had problems. never ever again..  And I personally know many top dj's and none use a PC. I dont know one dj that spins clubs that use's a pc laptop to dj..  The main reason why there's even a disscusion is because apple cost more money, If you can buy a Mac for the same price as a pc , you would think different,..LOL Think different.. Ture statement..  BUt we all know Sonar wont port to Mac.. it will never happen , its wishfull thinking . And I do agree with you guys Fix all the bugs before anything.    
    My friend, you speak about djs....  while Kraftwerk (!!!) on their last tour played LIVE with four PCs (Sony Vaio)... and Depeche Mode (!!!!!!!!!) recorded their whole last tour's gigs on PC running SAMPLITUDE (sequoia)....   Stop legends and myths... REALITY is different..!!! PCs are configurable and most powerful than any Apple's toy out there...!!!! 
    There are no "PCs" like the Mac Pros, that any normal human can buy/build. It would be nice if we could build a dual i7 930 box though. That would be crazy. PCs laptops are meaner  though.
    bitflipper
    01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
    • Total Posts : 26036
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 18:10:44 (permalink)
    Every filmmaker I know uses a Mac. Every one. I'm figuring you must know at least one, then. Half the pro DJs I know use Macs. You'd have to know at least two to make that statement. Unless, it's only one and (s)he works exactly 50/50 Mac/PC. Over half the professional producers I know use Macs. I'll conclude you know three minimum. And maybe they are just the above 2 or 3 people?

bapu the statistician. Scary.

The average number of legs per person is less than two, too.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
    gothic.angel
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 18:14:55 (permalink)
    10Ten

gothic.angel There are no "PCs" like the Mac Pros, that any normal human can buy/build. It would be nice if we could build a dual i7 930 box though. That would be crazy. PCs laptops are meaner  though.

Dealing with a Mac pro feels like dealing with a (full-of-restrictions)multimedia "household appliance", not a computer.... point is Macs have nothing to do with informatics, and no matter how much "pro" they self-claim, they are weaker than any serious PC....

Brandon Ryan [Roland]
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3458
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 18:25:22 (permalink)
    There is nothing special whatsoever about a MAC Pro. It's a standardized PC that runs MAC OSX.

Intel processors, Nvidia and ATI graphics (depending on what you choose) - sounds a lot like a PC to me.

Top that off with no off the shelf option for things like SSD (probably due to lack of Trim support in OSX) and it would really be hard to make a case to any informed person that a Mac Pro is somehow a superior computer to a well built PC (i.e. standardized PC running Windows vs OSX).

"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel." WG

SONAR Platinum | VS-700 | A-800 PRO | PCAL i7 with SSD running Windows 8 x64 | Samsung 27" LCD @ 1920x1080 | Blue Sky monitors with BMC | All kinds of other stuff
    dr.hash
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 220
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 18:26:30 (permalink)
    It will never happen.  The evil that is steve jobs who (i shouldnt say this because i already have been warned in the doctor who forum and am on my last warning there) should have rotted and died last year.  His apple macs and his products are just rubbish.  Its turned our world into, i must have the imac, the ipad and the iphone. 
    This sounds like a monoply to me and i think this is just one step away from nazisim.  Look i'm know as an angry battle dwarf and i have had it up to here with his lies and his companies lies (and the beatles now have to pay rolaties to this man for the apple logo, this one makes me madder than anything). 
    The imac has issues like any computer or machine.  Machines are after all like humans and they have flaws so we design our machines in the same manner it would be impossible to do anything else. 
    It wont happen because windows and Sonar have a pact and they run together like padme and ankin in the fields of nabbo(or like two lovers in the throws of first passion).  I am amazed at my new i5 and Sonar 8.5.  Running at 64 bit floating point 88k 10 virtual instrumenmts, 5 of then dim pro and effects.  I am only just hitting the wall and i am not using second hard drive.

Sonar Forever, Protools Never
    Peace and Love The Doctor
    Mooch4056
    Max Output Level: -0.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7494
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 18:28:10 (permalink)

Funny -

before the year 2000 and beyond were there these types of wars with tape machines or mixing boards.

I think the question before then was how many tracks -

did any one care if it was a tascam reel to reel - or fostex - or ....... sony - or ..... whatever brand tape machine

they made good songs/albums  - and I dunno of any who said - - Oh I can tell that was done on a 16 track fostex 1200xlzw - the best - using memorex tape

sonar was the first DAW I ever learned - - I liked it - and it was better than my old tascam 4 track from 1986 - and better than my fostex digital 8 track from 1998 -

so for now thats what I like -

the future - (shrugs)

I dunno what's going to happen at 9pm tonight let alone what I am going to be recording on in 2-10 years

From Now On Call Me Conquistador! 

Donate to the cure Bapu Foundation
    Email: mooch4056@gmail.com for more info

chilldanny
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 18:31:18 (permalink)
    Wish my AtariST could run Sonar =)

* Windows10 (x64), Focusrite Safire Pro24, Sonar Platinum (x64) * MacOS High Sierra, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9 *

Danny M
    gothic.angel
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 18:31:59 (permalink)
    dr.hash

...His apple macs and his products are just rubbish.  Its turned our world into, i must have the imac, the ipad and the iphone. 
    ..This sounds like a monoply to me and i think this is just one step away from nazisim...  ...
    ....  I am amazed at my new i5 and Sonar 8.5.  Running at 64 bit floating point 88k 10 virtual instrumenmts, 5 of then dim pro and effects.  I am only just hitting the wall and i am not using second hard drive.

Sonar Forever, Protools Never
    Peace and Love The Doctor

Thanks (no kidding...) ...we need people like You... hold on mate...!!!

gothic.angel
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 18:34:26 (permalink)
    Brandon Ryan [Cakewalk
    ]

There is nothing special whatsoever about a MAC Pro. It's a standardized PC that runs MAC OSX.

Intel processors, Nvidia and ATI graphics (depending on what you choose) - sounds a lot like a PC to me.

Top that off with no off the shelf option for things like SSD (probably due to lack of Trim support in OSX) and it would really be hard to make a case to any informed person that a Mac Pro is somehow a superior computer to a well built PC (i.e. standardized PC running Windows vs OSX).

Yep, that's what I mean when I say "legends" and "myths" about Macs.... based on nothing really concrete, like those explained above, but common grounds...
    post edited by gothic.angel - 2010/07/19 18:37:14

bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 18:40:39 (permalink)
    I'm getting my popcorn.

Be right back.

chilldanny
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 18:44:04 (permalink)
    bapu

I'm getting my popcorn.

Be right back.

mmmm....popcorn......
    iLike the new Apple flavour ;)

Danny M
    Re:Cakewalk, PLEASE, DON'T ever MESS "our" SONAR with Apple's OS (and their policies...).. 2010/07/19 18:45:40 (permalink)
    Brandon Ryan [Cakewalk
    ]

I kinda thought the parts were more expensive than they are, but 2 2.26 Xeons and a board for them is still a serious chunk of change.
    Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1