Cakewalk Pro Audio Timing Fix

Author
mikeaudet
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2013/12/08 16:25:44 (permalink)

Cakewalk Pro Audio Timing Fix

Hi Everyone (Is there anyone?),

I may be the last Cakewalk Pro Audio user - or I may not - but I've written a utility that improves the MIDI timing of Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 immensely. 

After Cakewalk 9 was written, Microsoft added a function to windows that increased the timer resolution for apps that call it.  It's called  "timeBeginPeriod(1)."

I've written a little app that injects this instruction into Cakewalk at startup.  I get 1 ms MIDI drift using this utility, vs. 16 ms without.

I apologize is this kind of post isn't welcome.  I tried to PM the moderator, but this is my first post, so I'm not allowed. 

I write software for the Ensoniq PARIS platform, so you can find the utility here:

It's free, it works, it doesn't do anything nefarious.  I'd be happy to provide the source code to anyone that wants it (including the site admin here, if you'd like to confirm that this utility is harmless and helpful).

All the best!

Mike Audet

1 Reply Related Threads

Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re: Cakewalk Pro Audio Timing Fix 2013/12/30 13:39:06 (permalink)
    CW Pro Audio  is a product line that was discontinued in the 90's. You will not find much life here :o/

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1