Cakewalk TTS

Author
tom3160
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 38
2008/09/08 22:22:58 (permalink)

Cakewalk TTS

This will sound pretty dumb but... I downloaded a midi file somebody else created (Water Mellon Man) and I loaded the midi file in to MC 4 by simply opening it. In my struggle to hear the midi sounds and my guitar all together I searched around the UI. I clicked something called Cakewalk TTS and presto all of my midi tracks were duplicated into a new view that looked like a mixing console, the top of which said "Powered by Roland". The console had many columns much more than the number of midi tracks. Now when I click the arrow to play I hear all the midi tracks along with my guitar track. I can record my guitar on top of this and then I can export the whole thing to any type output I want (MP3, WMA, Wav) without doing anything else but "export". Here's the dumb part, I don't know what I did to do/view this and I don't know what this is but its about 99% complete success after hours of playing with MC 4. I realize this is total newbie stuff but any insights would be much appreciated.

Thanks again to everyone here.

3 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: Cakewalk TTS 2008/09/08 22:28:28 (permalink)
    Give yourself some time...you'll be confused soon enough...

You can look at my site www.herbhartley.com and navigate to the music pages and read the stuff on TTS.... you should learn what TTS is and what it does.

As you have specific questions, just ask.... there's lots of good advice here.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: Cakewalk TTS 2008/09/08 22:55:31 (permalink)
    The TTS-1 is a software synthesizer, instead of a hardware synthesizer such as the one in your sound card. It takes a MIDI input, and using the MIDI track's properties (patch, channel, velocity) outputs it as audio, which is why you can export/convert it easier. The sounds are generally better than the Microsoft GS Wavetable synth.
    And Roland now owns a majority of Cakewalk.
    When creating your own MIDI tracks, make sure each MIDI track is on a seperate channel, since you'll most likely have to do the setting up yourself. The MIDI file you imported apparently did it automatically.
    post edited by 57Gregy - 2008/09/09 15:34:31

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    tom3160
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 38
    RE: Cakewalk TTS 2008/09/09 08:43:42 (permalink)
    Thank you that's a very helpful explaination.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1