Cakewalk does not want to send my a serial number

Author
dodo502b
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 25
2006/12/18 08:54:37 (permalink)

Cakewalk does not want to send my a serial number

Hi,

is here any person from the support team from cakewalk ? I bought Dimension Pro as update online at cakewalk's homepage. But this is more then two month ago. On the DVD Box of the Dimensin Pro is no Serial Number. I talk by phone with cakewalk and the tould me, that they have problems with there mail server and i will get the serial number in a couple of day's? So what's up. Thats 2 Month ago and i cant use your program. Do you hate your customers?

Maybe there are some tehnical problems to send the serial number by email. My email is called spam@xxxxxx.de ( xxxx is a placeholder ). The other problem ist, when i call nobody gets on the phone. So - what should i do to get the serial number? I have a FAX - can we solve this problem by FAX?

by the way: the email name can't be the problem, because i get a confirmation after i bought it online.

Thanks if somebody could help me

9 Replies Related Threads

syrath
    Max Output Level: -34.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4075
    RE: Cakewalk does not want to send my a serial number 2006/12/18 11:08:46 (permalink)
    HAve you tried emailling technical support.
    wrench45us
    Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4991
    RE: Cakewalk does not want to send my a serial number 2006/12/18 11:52:45 (permalink)

if i remember right, the Dim Pro serial number was in that purchase confirmation e-mail you received
    if you received that e-mail, you received what you need -- an dmay still hav ewhat you need, if you didn't delete it

many people were surprised to find that it wasn't with the package

Markus Copol
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 691
    RE: Cakewalk does not want to send my a serial number 2006/12/18 12:10:31 (permalink)
    sorry to hear that dodo..I hope this will resolve soon .

For real , your E-mail address man got to change. I would be carefull about using it for purchases for you might get red flagged for no reason. Just a thought that could help for later purchases.

oroboros
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 901
    RE: Cakewalk does not want to send my a serial number 2006/12/18 14:32:15 (permalink)
    Cake switched ordering systems about 2 months ago, when I bought Dim Pro. Lost my order. Call Support, wait to speak to a real person, tell them your problem. They'll fix it for you, I imagine.

To think, at one time P5 was a $429 MSRP app.

I think that technology and music has always been together, and I think music is science, anyway. - Vangelis

The Other P5 Forum
    jcpzero
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 216
    RE: Cakewalk does not want to send my a serial number 2006/12/19 12:12:52 (permalink)

My serial number did not arrive via e-mail either. Call customer support 1-888-Cakewalk. I had my web order number and I have been a long time Sonar customer, so they have all my info. They should have all your info and be able to confirm you purchased the program. You need both a serial number and registration number to install.

Cakewalk support provided this to me over the phone. Then the support person sent an e-mail with the information for my records.

You should also be able to get through e-mail support.

JCPZero
    whitefalcon
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1161
    RE: Cakewalk does not want to send my a serial number 2006/12/19 22:00:55 (permalink)
    see if its in your spam email
    solar28
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 248
    RE: Cakewalk does not want to send my a serial number 2006/12/19 23:47:45 (permalink)
    Have you tried logging on to store.cakewalk.com with the email address you used to purchase it? I had the same thing ordering my sonar 6 from them directly. Looked everywhere for the serial number and finally got the info by searching "serial number" in cakewalk forums.

EDIT: Too much attitude

Anyway, Cake, I really hope this is just an email server glitch. It nailed me and obviously a few other users. Somehow you need to let the customer know how to get their serial number if you are not including it on the product or in an email. It seems everyone who orders upgrades directly from the cake shop have this same problem.
    ORIGINAL: dodo502b

Hi,

is here any person from the support team from cakewalk ? I bought Dimension Pro as update online at cakewalk's homepage. But this is more then two month ago. On the DVD Box of the Dimensin Pro is no Serial Number. I talk by phone with cakewalk and the tould me, that they have problems with there mail server and i will get the serial number in a couple of day's? So what's up. Thats 2 Month ago and i cant use your program. Do you hate your customers?

Maybe there are some tehnical problems to send the serial number by email. My email is called spam@xxxxxx.de ( xxxx is a placeholder ). The other problem ist, when i call nobody gets on the phone. So - what should i do to get the serial number? I have a FAX - can we solve this problem by FAX?

by the way: the email name can't be the problem, because i get a confirmation after i bought it online.

Thanks if somebody could help me

post edited by solar28 - 2006/12/20 01:25:24
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: Cakewalk does not want to send my a serial number 2006/12/20 07:54:52 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: solar28
    It seems everyone who orders upgrades directly from the cake shop have this same problem.

Not everyone, solar28. I have ordered several products directly from the Cakewalk online store and received the serial numbers via email every time. My ISP did not block the Cakewalk emails from coming through to my mailbox. And the Internet activation worked like a charm as well.

-Techead
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    RE: Cakewalk does not want to send my a serial number 2006/12/20 08:54:48 (permalink)
    I too have shared techead's experience with the CW store. I have purchased numerous Sonar upgrades and Synths from the store and have never had a problem receiving S/N and authorization codes.

ORIGINAL: solar28
    Have you tried logging on to store.cakewalk.com with the email address you used to purchase it? I had the same thing ordering my sonar 6 from them directly. Looked everywhere for the serial number and finally got the info by searching "serial number" in cakewalk forums.

It would be nice if this feature worked for everybody. After reading about this on the forum, I decided to see if it actually worked. When I logged in, the site displayed a product that I never purchased and had no information about the products that I do own. Over the last few weeks, I have phoned and emailed CW support. The only result has been removal of the incorrect product. Hopefully, someday, this site will be correct and we can rely on it.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1