Cakewalk instruments (standalone) ponly recognize 20 MIDI ports?

Author
mcdonalk
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 547
2012/04/09 19:53:04 (permalink)

Cakewalk instruments (standalone) ponly recognize 20 MIDI ports?

Recently, I added a Korg PadKontrol to my system. Then, I discovered that my Cakewalk instruments no longer worked in standalone mode. As it turns out, when selecting the input MIDI port in Rapture, Dimension Pro, or Z3TA+2, the new PadKontrol MIDI ports appeared at the top of the list, thus "shifting" the other ports down. The MIDI port that previously drove my standalone VST's is now number 22 in the list, and I can no longer select it as an input, even though it appears in the list. So, I had to reorganize my MIDI system so that I could still use the Cakewalk VST's in standalone mode. Other VST's (non-Cakewalk) don't have this problem, and I can use the Cakewalk VST's just fine from within Sonar. Any insights? thanks Keith

1 Reply Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    Re:Cakewalk instruments (standalone) ponly recognize 20 MIDI ports? 2012/04/10 16:09:40 (permalink)
    I discussed this at length with Rene (way back when the DimPro standalone was a "secret", and Rapture had recently come out).  My Yamaha O1X installed 17 MIDI Ports, and I already had quite an array of controller devices installed.  We went back and forth quite a bit with some test builds.  Rene did say that it could be fixed fairly easily, but that (with this issue) I was squarely in the minority of users.

Nothing permanent ever came of that exchange.  Whenever I reinstall all of my devices, I have to map out the order to get around the 20 port limitation.  That's not a lot of ports with some newer or multiple device installations, or if you happen to drop in a 10-port virtual MIDI cable.

I imagine that you - like myself - can't defeat any of the multiple MIDI Port installations at the 'source'.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1