Can I change the colors for volume, pan, and gain in Track Pane?

Author
gmp
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1033
2018/10/18 18:09:26 (permalink)

Can I change the colors for volume, pan, and gain in Track Pane?

Many years ago in Sonar 8.5 we had different colors for the sliders of volume, pan, and gain in the Track pane. It was really easy to locate those widgets visually because of the different colors.

Last time I checked the Theme Editor didn't seem to be able to do this. If you changed a color for one it changed it for all 3. Years ago I didn't find any themes that had different colors for these. I thought that maybe Id get used to it with Splat, but never have, which indicates it's not a matter of getting used to it, it's really the loss of something that would be helpful for all of us.

Maybe someone knows how to fix this with the Theme Editor, if so please let me know. If not I'll add it to feature requests.

Gerry Peters
Midi Magic Studio
http://gprecordingstudio.com/
Album Productions and Songwriter Resources
Cakewalk By Bandlab, Platinum 64 + 32 bit, Studiocat AsRock Z97 motherboard, Haswell CPU 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM 16GB DDR3/1600, Windows 10 Pro all updates including optional, MOTU AVB Ultralite sound card/Midi interface/Dig mixer, onboard Video HD4600. Midisport 2x2 midi interface, Vienna Instruments, Ivory II piano, Komplete 9, Superior drummer. 5 HD's - OS drive 250GB SSD, Samples drive 1 500GB SSD,  3 data HDs - total of 6.5T

8 Replies Related Threads

soens
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5154
    Re: Can I change the colors for volume, pan, and gain in Track Pane? 2018/10/19 03:55:04 (permalink)
    If youre refering to the control pane sliders, I think not, but will check on it later.
    tecknot
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 766
    Re: Can I change the colors for volume, pan, and gain in Track Pane? 2018/10/19 04:44:26 (permalink)
    gmp
    ... colors for the sliders of volume, pan, and gain in the Track pane. It was really easy to locate those widgets visually because of the different colors.
    Maybe someone knows how to fix this with the Theme Editor, if so please let me know. If not I'll add it to feature requests.

Yes, you can indeed change the colors of the volume, pan and gain controls.  They might not be found in the Track View options, but maybe in the Global or even the Console View options.  I can't remember, but I have changed them in a few of my own themes.  Some of those items are hard to match in the Theme Editor and it is a headache for me.  I even started my own legend to better identify what is where, but gave up after about thirty items; creating a new theme was enough work.  I'll go back and try a few changes and let you know where the control colors are, if I can.

Kind regards,

tecknot
    gmp
    Re: Can I change the colors for volume, pan, and gain in Track Pane? 2018/10/19 04:55:48 (permalink)
    tecknot
    gmp
    ... colors for the sliders of volume, pan, and gain in the Track pane. It was really easy to locate those widgets visually because of the different colors.

Yes, you can indeed change the colors of the volume, pan and gain controls.  They might not be found in the Track View options, but maybe in the Global or even the Console View options.  I can't remember, but I have changed them in a few of my own themes.  Some of those items are hard to match in the Theme Editor and it is a headache for me.  I even started my own legend to better identify what is where, but gave up after about thirty items; creating a new theme was enough work.  I'll go back and try a few changes and let you know where the control colors are, if I can.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Man that would be great if yo can figure it out. When I change the color of one it changes the colors of the other 2. I want all 3 a different color

Gerry Peters
    Midi Magic Studio
    Cakewalk By Bandlab, Platinum 64 + 32 bit, Studiocat AsRock Z97 motherboard, Haswell CPU 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM 16GB DDR3/1600, Windows 10 Pro all updates including optional, MOTU AVB Ultralite sound card/Midi interface/Dig mixer, onboard Video HD4600. Midisport 2x2 midi interface, Vienna Instruments, Ivory II piano, Komplete 9, Superior drummer. 5 HD's - OS drive 250GB SSD, Samples drive 1 500GB SSD,  3 data HDs - total of 6.5T
    Kamikaze
    Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3013
    Re: Can I change the colors for volume, pan, and gain in Track Pane? 2018/10/19 05:31:33 (permalink)
    'Horizonta Sliders' in theme editor. All the same colour

Kamikaze
    Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3013
    Re: Can I change the colors for volume, pan, and gain in Track Pane? 2018/10/19 05:42:38 (permalink)
    tecknot

Yes, you can indeed change the colors of the volume, pan and gain controls.  They might not be found in the Track View options, but maybe in the Global or even the Console View options. 

I think you are referring to the pots, but he is referring to the sliders in track view.

gmp
    Re: Can I change the colors for volume, pan, and gain in Track Pane? 2018/10/19 14:50:16 (permalink)
    Kamikaze
    tecknot

Yes, you can indeed change the colors of the volume, pan and gain controls.  They might not be found in the Track View options, but maybe in the Global or even the Console View options. 

I think you are referring to the pots, but he is referring to the sliders in track view.

Yes that's correct. It's in the Track Pane of the Trackview. Audio tracks have those 3 sliders. Possibly he's referring to making the changes in the Console View and they are also changed in the TrackView. That would be fine.

Gerry Peters
    Midi Magic Studio
    tecknot
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 766
    Re: Can I change the colors for volume, pan, and gain in Track Pane? 2018/10/19 15:14:01 (permalink)
    Ah, man... Sorry, Gerry.  There is only one color for all the sliders.  It's been a while since I've worked on themes and my recollection was off.  I hate when that happens.

Kind regards,

tecknot
    soens
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5154
    Re: Can I change the colors for volume, pan, and gain in Track Pane? 2018/10/20 05:40:23 (permalink)
    Was pretty sure this was so. However, back in the days of Duckbar, Exe Color editor revealed some oddties surrounding this. Will have to revisit my notes.

Revisited notes:
    The 3 track pane sliders use one color. However...
     Duckbar revealed the Automation Lane slider and Inspector's Apreggiator sliders allow for 2 colors (minimum & maximum) that blend into each other. So you can start a slider with red and end it with blue, etc.

Unfortunately the Theme Editors don't allow for this.
    post edited by soens - 2018/10/20 12:13:23
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1