Can I load Kontakt libraries into Dimension Pro?

Author
xabiton
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 696
2012/03/12 00:00:51 (permalink)

Can I load Kontakt libraries into Dimension Pro?

I am considering buying Dimension Pro but I am curious as to what kind of sound libraries I can use with it. If I could load Kontakt Libraries to it that would be awesome otherwise I may skip it and just get Kontakt or Kontakt player. Anyway what are the options out there?

Kevwestbeats.com
Sonar X1 Studio, Native Instruments Maschine MK2, Akai Miniak, Behringer BCF 2000, Ableton Live 8 and Reason 6 user with a load of plug ins
Core i7 Laptop 2.2ghz with 8 gigs of ram.     

4 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Can I load Kontakt libraries into Dimension Pro? 2012/03/12 10:27:42 (permalink)
    Kontakt libs open only in Kontakt, as far as I know.  Some libraries include the samples as wav files, which you can load into Kontakt - you'd have to look and see if those are yours.  Of course, you'd have to program DimPro or any other sampler w/ those.

The Kontakt player is free, but some 3rd party libraries will open only in "demo" mode - so you have 15 minutes to do any work w/ them before the player shuts down w/ them.  If you have a Kontakt library(ies) (that comes w/ the player), that/they will be fully functional in the player.

So it is kinda of a crapshoot unless you plunk down for the full Kontakt.  I would try the free player w/ your libraries and seeif they work before deciding between Kontakt or DimPro.  DimPro, if not as universal w/ libs as Kontakt, has its own charms and is a hell of a lot cheaper.  And if you spring for the full Kontakt, you'll be buying more libs most likely.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    xabiton
    Re:Can I load Kontakt libraries into Dimension Pro? 2012/03/12 13:50:08 (permalink)
    I have seen some samplers that do open kontakt libraries but I was wondering because I am deciding between the 2. For $35 Dimension Pro seems like a no brainer right now but if I can't use all of the libraries out there for it and few developers are making libraries for it then whats the point? I have the player now and I think I will stick with it for now. Thank you

Kevwestbeats.com
    Sonar X1 Studio, Native Instruments Maschine MK2, Akai Miniak, Behringer BCF 2000, Ableton Live 8 and Reason 6 user with a load of plug ins
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Can I load Kontakt libraries into Dimension Pro? 2012/03/13 00:36:24 (permalink)
    DimPro for $35 is very good.  There are lots of SFZ sounds out there, and it comes w/ a substantial if basic one.  A lot depends upon what kind of music you do, but the dimensions sounds in DimPro have some wild sound scapes, along w/ a respectable assortment of acoustic instruments.  Check the Cake store for a list of extra sample libs available, and elsewhere for SFZ libs.  Even if they are not DimPro specific, the SFZ format
    includes a lot more than just keyboard arrangement.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    xabiton
    Re:Can I load Kontakt libraries into Dimension Pro? 2012/03/13 01:28:48 (permalink)
    I am primarily doing R&b Neo-Soul Hip Hop and playing a little with synth pop. I was looking at DimPro because its a cheap option and I hear mostly great things about it but if its as limited as it sounds as far as libraries are concerned I may just go get Komplete and all it a day. But $35 is tempting I may get it just to have it at that price.

Kevwestbeats.com
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1