Can no longer rearrange order of strips in console view?

Author
Lunatique
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 194
2011/01/09 22:56:26 (permalink)

Can no longer rearrange order of strips in console view?

It seems in X1, there's no way to rearrange the order of the strips in console view by dragging strips around, and only track view allows this? Or is there some way to activate this feature? If this is another one of the unwelcome changes in X1, then Cakewalk really needs to sit down and think hard about how many parts of the baby they threw out with the bathwater when they "reinvisioned" X1.

Website + Blog: www.ethereality.info

5 Replies Related Threads

garrigus
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8599
    Re:Can no longer rearrange order of strips in console view? 2011/01/09 23:07:26 (permalink)
    No, that feature is not currently available in X1. However, I've heard that it will be added in a future update, but I don't know exactly when.

Scott

--
    Scott R. Garrigus - Author of the Cakewalk Sonar and Sony Sound Forge Power book series. Get Sonar X1 Power - Today! Go to: http://www.garrigus.com/

Publisher of DigiFreq - free music technology newsletter. Win a free SoundTech Vocal Trainer Package, go to: http://www.digifreq.com/digifreq/

Publisher of NewTechReview - free consumer technology newsletter. Win a free i2i Stream Wireless Music Pack, go to: http://www.newtechreview.com/newtechreview/
    Jesse G
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4282
    Re:Can no longer rearrange order of strips in console view? 2011/01/09 23:10:04 (permalink)
    lunatique,

This was discussed a while agao.  This will be fixed in a future release.  You can move the tracks and busses in the tracks view and it will be reflected in the console viewuntil the problem is resolved.

It is an extra step, but not a deal breaker.  A fix is on the way along with all of the other fixes that are needed for Sonar X1

Peace 

Peace,
    Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
    ==============================
    Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
    Brandon Ryan [Roland]
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3458
    Re:Can no longer rearrange order of strips in console view? 2011/01/09 23:25:25 (permalink)
    It's definitely coming back - fingers crossed for X1b.

"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel." WG

SONAR Platinum | VS-700 | A-800 PRO | PCAL i7 with SSD running Windows 8 x64 | Samsung 27" LCD @ 1920x1080 | Blue Sky monitors with BMC | All kinds of other stuff
    Jesse G
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4282
    Re:Can no longer rearrange order of strips in console view? 2011/01/09 23:48:58 (permalink)
    Thanks Brandon.

My fingers are crossed and I am indeed waiting on X1b.

Peace

Peace,
    Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
    ==============================
    Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
    rbowser
    Max Output Level: -10 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6518
    Re:Can no longer rearrange order of strips in console view? 2011/01/09 23:58:40 (permalink)
    Lunatique

It seems in X1, there's no way to rearrange the order of the strips in console view by dragging strips around, and only track view allows this? Or is there some way to activate this feature? If this is another one of the unwelcome changes in X1, then Cakewalk really needs to sit down and think hard about how many parts of the baby they threw out with the bathwater when they "reinvisioned" X1.

Very well put, Lunatique - Your sentiments come across as well as your very nice avatar photo.

X1 is full of "fun" little surprises like this one you brought up.  As has been said on this thread, and confirmed by Brandon, the track re-ordering in Console View will be coming back - it's just so odd it was ever thought to be a feature to leave out.  Lots of things in X1 leave you really wondering what was going on during the program's development.

Randy B.

Sonar X3e Studio
    Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
    Alesis i|O2 interface
    Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
    8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    with dual monitors
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1