Can not get midi in with Edirol UM-1EX

Author
DDO
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2008/10/25 18:02:33 (permalink)

Can not get midi in with Edirol UM-1EX

I have notebook with Vista 32 and Sonar 7. MIDI interface Edirol UM-1EX. Driver is installed and I see it in MIDI devices in Sonar. It is checked and moved up in the list. MIDI indicator keeps silent. No any messages come from connected keyboard.
Keyboard's midi output works perfectly with another computer.

Need any advice.
Thanks,
Dmitry

4 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Can not get midi in with Edirol UM-1EX 2008/10/25 18:11:33 (permalink)
    ok your running the vista drivers?

http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/dld.cfm?ln=en&dsp=0&iCncd=842

when u start sonar, it's listed.. but notice on the bottom right of ur screen an icon that looks like a piano with 2 lights. if midi is triggering... one of the lights will flash

have you got the in > out ... and visa versa on the keyboard side?

if your getting that light to trigger , it means it's getting input

DDO
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Can not get midi in with Edirol UM-1EX 2008/10/26 04:13:58 (permalink)
    Dear Fog,

Yes I'm running VISTA 32x drivers at my notebook. There is the only MIDI device in the system. The driver is properly (seems to) installed and can be seen in list of MIDI devices of Sonar. But there is no any activity in MIDI IN/OUT indicators at the bottom of screen when I'm playing keyboard.
    Once I got it worked with my drum module. But then I left this setup. Now I have to use it with midi keyboard and could not get it working.

Thanks,
    Dmitry
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Can not get midi in with Edirol UM-1EX 2008/10/26 10:49:54 (permalink)
    as long as it shows up in sonar (and is ticked)

hhhmm

since it's vista , did you install it under your main administrator type account?

the keyboard your using, what is it? is there anything in the manual about how it transmits or do you even have to switch that on.

and your running the out to in .. in to out?

when you say you got it to work with a drum module, that was when the unit was just installed..

there is an additional page with the manual about setting up vista

the bit about step 9 about setting it in the "on" position etc? (it's on the download manual bit , same link as above)

there is also settings in control panel that you can change relating to it, don't know if you have been into that yet?

also the unit has a midi in / out light.. do they change.. and I notice there are a number of modes/switches on it.. did you alter any of them
    post edited by Fog - 2008/10/26 10:58:45
    Resonant Order
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 647
    RE: Can not get midi in with Edirol UM-1EX 2008/10/26 11:11:31 (permalink)
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling the interface. I have a UM-3EX, and if you don't install in the correct way, it won't work.

Turn the machine off and unplug the interface. Boot your comp and run the install routine again. The installer will detect the old driver, and run a routine to remove it. Turn the comp off. Boot your comp and run the installer. Pay attention to the screens that pop up, and only attach the interface at the correct time.

Hope this helps.

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Music at Night, 1931- Aldous Huxley
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1