Can this product work for me?

Author
GymMom
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2005/12/26 17:44:02 (permalink)

Can this product work for me?

Not that I am the brightest person, but I thought I could do this!
I got CW Music Creator for my daughter to load her choice of music/song to create her own floor music as she is a gymnast. I did not plan on recording musical instruments or her voice at this time.
I am having a hard time importing songs so she can speed it up or alter it (add sound). Can I add imported songs like instrumentals? How do I save them. Sorry I sound so ignorant!!!
Mom in a mess!

6 Replies Related Threads

bargainboy1
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 515
    RE: Can this product work for me? 2005/12/27 09:39:47 (permalink)
    Yes, you can import songs using the FILE>IMPORT AUDIO command. The song has to be in .wav , .mp3, or .mid format, so you may need to convert the song to one of those formats first. Where are you getting the songs?

Once the song is imported, you can easily change the tempo of the song - either the entire song, or vary the tempo throughout the song. Change the tempo in the TEMPO VIEW window. I think the command to open the tempo view is VIEW>TEMPO. You can also add other music, alter the song, pretty much whatever you need you can do.

You save them as a .wrk or .bun file in Music Creator. To save the song to something you can burn to a CD, you have to export the song to a .wav file type - FILE>EXPORT AUDIO. A box will appear where you can select .wav and name the file. Then, burn it to a CD.

Jeff
    GymMom
    RE: Can this product work for me? 2005/12/27 23:24:21 (permalink)
    Thank for your help. I have tried for the last 16 hours to get this going!
    The songs I am trying to import are from type MP3 Audio Playlist.
    I joined MP3 Rocket.
    Here is my trouble tho. I opened 1st track and the program acts like it is there after import but it does not show as a clip on the clip pane. I added some stuff from tutorial #5 to add to it and of course that showed up.
    My songs show as saved to Real Player, but to open I changed so CWMC.EXE can be primary opener. The files are all listed as .mp3 or .wav.
    Track properties show Input as Stereo SoundMAX Digital Audio. Output shows
    A(SoundMAX Digital Auto).
    Got any ideas.
    Thanks for you quick response last time!!
    Mom still in a mess!
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Can this product work for me? 2005/12/28 01:51:04 (permalink)

Here is what i do to import an MP3. open Cakewalk, then open an audio track (not a midi track), then go to file/import audio, (not open) open is for midi files. then i browse the file and click on it, a blue bar crosses the bottom of the screen.

Some things to check, I do not know what rocket is but some download sites encoade the MP3's so that they can only allow download and playback in a recognized player like WMA, or REAL, cake is a multitrack recording studio, not a true player, so many of the download sites do not encode for it.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    GymMom
    RE: Can this product work for me? 2005/12/28 09:00:17 (permalink)
    You ROCK. Thank you so much. After work I shall give this a shot!!
    Mom hoping to be out of a mess!
    GymMom
    RE: Can this product work for me? 2005/12/28 18:22:16 (permalink)
    Wow, has this been crazy. I recognized that the program I use to get music (My Music Inc. download program is called MP3Rocket) has different media programs, but Pyro is not one of them. Here is the kicker: Music Creator 2 included the program Pyro 1.5 to organize and burn cd's so I wouldn't have to use Real Player, but the program is so old it won't work on XP. In fact, Pyro 1.5 isn't even listed on the Pyro help site! I tried to update it. Didn't work.
    Do you guys know of an easier program I can mix music with. I am soooo tired!!!!
    Help, guys! I am still trying to use the Real Player, too! Feeling old!
    Irene, The Mom
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Can this product work for me? 2005/12/28 18:52:12 (permalink)
    Pyro has never worked well for me presonally. I use WinAmp as my player right now, and have used Windows Media Player as well. I never used Real much either. One thing you can do it to go to snapfiles.com and look around at the freebies that are available.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1