Helpful ReplyCan we now talk about other DAWs in Cakewalk forum or is it against policy?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
CTStump
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 409
Re: Can we now talk about other DAWs in Cakewalk forum or is it against policy? 2017/12/15 06:09:03 (permalink)
JonD
CTStump
Well my new DAW is the old and obselete Sonar 8.5 with Studio One 2.6.5 as the Mastering solution.

Hey CT, good to see you around the boards (I'm also active at KVR and the Studio One forums).

Your setup is very interesting.  I still own Sonar 8.5 and S1v2 (as well as the newer versions), and sometimes think the older combo was better for me -- more streamlined, and I felt like with fewer bells and whistles, I was more productive.

Just curious, do you stick with a palette of VSTs that never changes, or do you ever introduce new plugins or software to your setup?  I considered going back to the same setup as yours, but I'm too paranoid that a new plugin will bring the whole thing crashing down, so just gave up on the idea.

Heck, I'm still running 32bit plugins and I also have 64bit versions of Sonar and Studio One installed but I hardly use em.

I find the stock plugins adequate for most work.and the toneboosters limiter on the master buss. Not to exotic but less fuss. I would love to dig into the tokyo dawn labs stuff(which by the way works.in both DAW's)especially nova but I haven't found a real need for it yet. Melda plugins work great for some of my work also like the bluecat eq's for shelving and use some old voxengo plugins.

Everything I use is updated and works alright in Sonar and Studio One. I don't know if that helps you but it may worth loading up that setup and throwing everything you think you need at it too see if it will make or break it.

Sonar 8.5PE
Project 5.2
Self Built 2.6Ghz dual core AMD 5200+
8 Gb DDR Ram
Windows Vista 64
Emu 1616 pci
Various collection of old musical toys

kevmsmith81
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 259
Re: Can we now talk about other DAWs in Cakewalk forum or is it against policy? 2017/12/15 10:44:01 (permalink)
dappa1
Scook I love Cakewalk but why didn't they put up a fight didn't they like their product really?

Nothing they can do if the parent company pulls the plug on them.  Gibson pull all the strings (pun entirely intended).
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1