Can you add markers at a spot in a clip as opposed to a track.

Author
aeosus
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 224
2010/11/21 19:35:44 (permalink)

Can you add markers at a spot in a clip as opposed to a track.

I would really love some sort of free-hand draw tool on the clips. 

I do a lot of work for competitive skaters and dancers . . . extremely time-nuanced editing . . . and it would be great to be able to just draw on the clip (hold a key combination down while moving the mouse) and take notes on the actual clip while I am having a phone conversation with a coach (and so on . . . . )

Any demand for this in a future version? 

Can I already do this in some other capacity?

Markers in tracks are nice, but I am often more interested in marking a spot on a clip and keeping that marker there even if I move the whole clip elsewhere.

Of course, I have a workaround . . . I temporarily mute a little slice to make a mark on the clip.

Remove silence!

2 Replies Related Threads

Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re:Can you add markers at a spot in a clip as opposed to a track. 2010/11/22 08:34:27 (permalink)
    Clip marker...sounds like a useful feature! Also a very doable one, I'd guess, without causing problems.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    lorneyb2
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1667
    Re:Can you add markers at a spot in a clip as opposed to a track. 2010/11/22 14:59:05 (permalink)
    There is a free download that may work for some of what you are trying to do at following site:
    http://www.proxl.nl/p/vstnotes.html
    Above works in audio clips

Also if you have Franks Midi Plugins there are Track notes(midi only)included with that.  Have to purchase this one though.
    I think you can download a limited time demo but not sure.
    http://www.midi-plugins.de/

You would likely have to use the "Split at Markers" to insert multiple notes on same track/clip to get multiple clip.
    post edited by lorneyb2 - 2010/11/22 15:05:56
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1