Cannot re-install new driver after uninstalling old driver.

Author
strange_wednesday
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2010/12/20 21:58:53 (permalink)

Cannot re-install new driver after uninstalling old driver.

Ugh...

I am running win7 x64

I had a flawlessly working unit until I tried to upgrade. Ive uninstalled the old drivers and now cannot get the new ones to reinstall 

I get a window saying

vs-100

A problem may have occurred. To install the driver please run uninstall.exe//  I do that but get the same message after reboot....

Please help... I have a gig tomorrow...

7 Replies Related Threads

singing_dutchman
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re:Cannot re-install new driver after uninstalling old driver. 2010/12/23 02:08:29 (permalink)
    Hello wednesday,

I have seen the same message. What I did was rebooting my PC and not using an independent uninstall.exe program but through Configuration Screen - Remove Programs selecting the old driver in Windows from the list of installed programs. This worked well and I could reinstall the driver.

Success!

greetings,

Valentino
    TadC
    Re:Cannot re-install new driver after uninstalling old driver. 2010/12/26 14:35:33 (permalink)
    I just spent hours trying to figure out how to uninstall/re-install the Win 7 drivers for the UA-25EX.  Using the Windows uninstaller did not work for me.  Prior to solving, I was seeing essentially the same error message:
    UA-25EX Driver Ver.1.0.0

A problem may have occurred.

To install the driver, please execute Uninstal.exe (located in the same folder as Setup.exe), and then execute Setup.exe once again.
    After trying the CleanAll.exe utility from Roland (which only runs in Win2000 compat mode and doesn't solve the problem) and a lot of manual registry hacking, I finally found the following solution for re-installing the drivers, based on the Microsoft web page titled Remove a Driver Package from the Driver Store

1) download the driver files to a local directory.    Specifically, in my case I downloaded the Win7 x64 drivers and unzipped them to a directory called ua25es_w764d_v100. 
    2) run cmd.exe to open a command prompt, and "cd" to the directory ua25ex_w764d_v100.
    3) Then cd to the subdirectory "Files"
    4) There should be a single file with the .INF extension.  In my case, the file was called RDIF1079.INF
    5) to install the driver, run the command:

pnputil.exe -i -a  rdif1079.inf

That command reported that it successfully installed the driver.

After these steps, my Windows 7 laptop once again recognized my UA-25EX when I plugged it into one of the USB ports on the laptop.

p.s. I'm really pissed at either Microsoft or Cakewalk/Roland for creating this mess.  I just spent about 8 hours debugging this issue -  not how I planned to xmas afternoon.

TadC
    Re:Cannot re-install new driver after uninstalling old driver. 2010/12/26 14:37:43 (permalink)
    I hit this problem and came up with a solution, which I posted to a more recent thread:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/fb.ashx?m=2175651

I hope this helps!
    metsman59
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:Cannot re-install new driver after uninstalling old driver. 2011/05/31 21:03:20 (permalink)
    TadC - Thank you - Thank you - a thousand times THANK YOU!!!  I wrestled with this for some time - even after reading your post, but I finally got it to install and I'm back in business!  Yay!!! 
    DSB
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:Cannot re-install new driver after uninstalling old driver. 2012/12/02 12:01:10 (permalink)
    Hi Tad, I am having this exact problem with my Roland A800 PRO controller. I upgraded from Sonar LE to Sonar Essential and was having some output problems. SO I decided to uninstall my controller driver and reinstall it. Should be pretty basic stuff right? I uninstalled the driver only to reinstall it, but I keep getting that crazy error message "a problem may have occurred...." I do the uninstall that they recommend, but then the same thing happens all over again! I have a couple of questions about the solution you posted: 1. How did you manage to download the Win7 64 drivers if the "Setup" always gives you the error message? 2. I can run the command prompt, but when you say "CD to the directory ua25ex...." is where I get lost. I'm just not sure how to execute these things. Thanks so much for your time, I hope I can solve this soon! Damon
    post edited by DSB - 2012/12/02 12:03:52
    DSB
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:Cannot re-install new driver after uninstalling old driver. 2012/12/02 12:11:46 (permalink)
    Sorry, I'm having trouble figuring out how to format text on these forums. When I wrote it I broke it into paragraphs, but when it posted the text was bunched up.
    mmholtman
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re:Cannot re-install new driver after uninstalling old driver. 2014/01/23 23:07:16 (permalink)
    I'm trying to do this same thing with my VS-100. when you say extract to a local directory, do you mean like your C drive or something else? What I did was copy and paste my "64bit" folder which contains the installation files for Windows 7 VS-100 driver into the C drive. When I typed in the command prompt Files, it said it didn't recognize the command. If I am most likely wrong about where I put my files, what do I do with them and how do I proceed? Thanks!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1