Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 89
2010/09/19 14:15:28 (permalink)

Can't get any soft synths to work

System: AMD Dual Core 5000+ 2.60 GHz
4.0G Ram
32-bit OS
Windows Vista

Recently installed SampleTron as a soft synth VST. Now no soft synths are working. I also have the Fab Four Collection and that's not working, nor are any of the soft synths that came with Sonar, either DX or VST. I've looked through the User's Guide, Sonar Insider, and Sonar 6 Power!, and all of them presume a certain knowledge I don't have.

Clues:

1.) When they used to work the box on the far right of the plug-in manager screen displayed the various programs with yellow marks, but now neither the programs nor the marks next to them are there and I haven't figured how to get them back in there.

2.) If I bring up the program, say Fab Four or any of the Cakewalk soft synths, I get the faceplate for the program but no presets.

3.) In a meandering of Sonar help sites I came across something that said that the programs would automatically show up.

4.) The SampleTron seems to have installed in the wrong folder (not the vst plug-in folder), but I added where it ended up to the scanned folders and then made a copy for the vst plug-in folder, and still nothing.

5.) I used to have problems with running plug-ins but shut down the background Windows programs and the other audio programs run smoothly. For ex, I can load up soft fx and it runs great. However, all of the soft synths, DX or VST, don't work. So I don't think it's got anything to do with my machine's computational power. 

If I can get the rest of the soft synths to work, I'll just work on SampleTron by reinstalling or otherwise slapping the side of the computer.

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm an old man. I've fallen and I can't get up.

post edited by Bob In Pacifica - 2010/09/19 14:18:27

2 Replies Related Threads

A1MixMan
    Max Output Level: -58 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1706
    Re:Can't get any soft synths to work 2010/09/19 14:34:12 (permalink)
    have you tried rescanning for vst's?

A1
    Bob In Pacifica
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 89
    Re:Can't get any soft synths to work 2010/09/19 14:54:13 (permalink)
    Yeah. Besides the scanning when Sonar loads I've tried rescanning through the plug-in manager screen.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1