Can't hear FXs in Real time

Author
Runt
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2006/08/05 09:47:18 (permalink)

Can't hear FXs in Real time

I just got Sonar 5 Producer Edition and I'm trying to to record a guitar going directly in through a DI box. I have no problem getting that to work. However, when I try to add any FX at all while recording, I can't hear the affect, just the dry original sound. I can add affects after recording, but it is easier to play when you can hear the affect in real time. I have an Audigy 2 ZS sound card and I am trying to use the Creative ASIO. I know I am just missing something obvioius, but I can't figure it out. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks! - runt

1 Reply Related Threads

jacktheexcynic
    Max Output Level: -44.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3069
    RE: Can't hear FXs in Real time 2006/08/05 13:40:12 (permalink)
    you need to turn on "input echo" on the recording track and if you can mute the playback volume of the recorded instrument in the soundcard. you'll want to work with your latency settings to get the lowest possible latency otherwise there will be an audible delay between when you play a note and actually hear it in your playback system.

since you mentioned the soundblaster i'll give you some advice: if you are at all serious about recording, ditch it and get a pro recording card like the echo mia midi or the audiophile 2496.

- jack the ex-cynic
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1