Helpful ReplyCan't load Rapture progs

Author
Garry Stubbs
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2619
2014/04/18 14:55:16 (permalink)

Can't load Rapture progs

Hi, I have recently downloaded a bunch of Rapture presets by B-Rock, as they come recommended. I have unzipped the downloaded directories and placed them in C:Program Files/Cakewalk/Rapture folder.I have then opened Rapture and the Program Browser, pressed F5, but can't see the new presets. Checking some of my other Rapture expansion packs, they came with an installer, which my newly downloaded presets do not. So, what I am I doing wrong? I have an all 64-bit system, the latest version of Rapture, version 1.22.

Any pointers would be great, thanks...

Garry

https://soundcloud.com/garry-kiosk
Sonar Platinum 64-bit: Q6600 8Gb Win7 64-bit: KRK Monitors: ART MPA PRO VLA ii preamp: 3 x 500Gb internal SATA disks: Superior Drummer2: GPO4: Realstrat: Saxlab: Rapture: Dimension Pro: Ozone 4: Edirol SPS-660: PCR-500 MIDI controller: Korg PadKontrol: Fender / Gibson / Yamaha / Ibanez guitars:Guitar Rig 5: Dual 22" Monitors: Mapex Drums, Sabian AAX cymbals: Alesis DM5 Pro Kit: SE Electronics and Shure Mics: Mathmos Lava Lamp (40W)
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Can't load Rapture progs 2014/04/18 15:10:52 (permalink)
Without knowing exactly which "bunch of Rapture presets by B-Rock" (preferably the file name and source of the file) I can only give generic suggestions.

Most DimPro and Rapture expansion packs have two parts: mulitsamples and programs.

For 64bit installations the default multisample portion for Rapture is located in "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Rapture\Multisamples". The programs are always located in "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs". Note ProgramData is a hidden folder.

If all you have are presets (called Programs in Rapture, they are files with a .prog extension) they would go in a folder under "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs". Once the programs are installed, it is necessary to refresh the program list by opening the Rapture Program Browser and pressing the F5 key.

Garry Stubbs
Re: Can't load Rapture progs 2014/04/18 15:55:11 (permalink)
Hi Scook, was away from my DAW when I posted earlier, I just checked and the B-Rock progs are downloaded from the Patcharena website, it was somewhere on the forum here that they came to my attention. I have just opened on of the unzipped downloaded directories and note that all the presets in there are *.prog files as you mention.

When I look in my C: directory of my main hard drive, I cant see any directory called ProgramData, and I remember this being the problem when I tried to install last week. I do have a C:\ProgramFiles directory and will try installing them in the \programs subdirectory down the tree there....

Will let you know what happens....

EDIT: Just read your post and originally didnt pick up on your comment that C:\ProgramData is a hidden folder, I will figure out how to display it and then try your original suggestion Scook, thank you...

Sonar Platinum 64-bit: Q6600 8Gb Win7 64-bit: KRK Monitors: ART MPA PRO VLA ii preamp: 3 x 500Gb internal SATA disks: Superior Drummer2: GPO4: Realstrat: Saxlab: Rapture: Dimension Pro: Ozone 4: Edirol SPS-660: PCR-500 MIDI controller: Korg PadKontrol: Fender / Gibson / Yamaha / Ibanez guitars:Guitar Rig 5: Dual 22" Monitors: Mapex Drums, Sabian AAX cymbals: Alesis DM5 Pro Kit: SE Electronics and Shure Mics: Mathmos Lava Lamp (40W)
Garry Stubbs
Re: Can't load Rapture progs 2014/04/18 16:10:53 (permalink)
OK, well, I found the hidden directory, and managed to load the subdirectories and get the Rapture browser to see them, but unfortunately they refuse to load due to 'multisample not found' error. Now what should have been a simple add-on to my Rapture libraries is getting a little complicated. Any clues as to what I am doing wrong still? The downloads appear to have no multisamples or and installers contained within...

EDIT: In fact, now NONE of my Rapture progs will load at all, everything is displaying the 'multisample not found' error message...fortunately, I have been able to move the newly loaded directories of .prog files back out of the Rapture sirectory, re - F5 the Rapture browser, and my all my original Rapture presets are working again...I am baffled

Garry

post edited by The Kiosk Project - 2014/04/18 16:14:45

scook
Forum Host
Re: Can't load Rapture progs 2014/04/18 16:20:25 (permalink)
I am familiar with patcharena. Pretty sure I have installed all the Rapture patches there. Any chance of naming the problem download? I will look at the file. As mentioned earlier Rapture add-ons have two parts, multisamples and programs. Each part goes in it's own area in a Rapture installation.
Garry Stubbs
Re: Can't load Rapture progs 2014/04/18 17:11:11 (permalink)
Hi Scook, well I sure appreciate your help. Thank you. I simply downloaded the patches found here  - http://patcharena.com/tag/rapture-patches/

Then I transferred each zipped directory to a separate folder I made on my desktop for the patches, expanded them. The content appears to be all .prog - I cant see any multisamples anywhere....I am sure I am doing something stupid, but happy to have it pointed out here if I can get to use the patches...

Garry

scook
Forum Host
Re: Can't load Rapture progs 2014/04/18 17:31:04 (permalink)
There are 21 different collections on that page. I have the windows versions installed. Some have installers, some don't. Some are for OSX. One is just a collection of LFO's. The Architecture TB-32 collection requires the Galbanum Architecture CE waveform set so if you have not purchased that product, skip that collection. I can help you but would rather not have to go into detail on how to install each one. Would you like to pick one or two?
Garry Stubbs
Re: Can't load Rapture progs 2014/04/18 18:18:38 (permalink)
Hi Scook, well, the B Rock collection RP-1.64 seems to have the most presets in. I am interested in both hearing them and seeing how they are constructed, as a way of staring to learn how to tweak and create my own moving forward....

Garry

Edit: I am starting to understand now....I read the specific install instructions in this set and successfully loaded them into Rapture just now. I was going for a 'one size fits all' install and putting all the downloaded directories into the Rapture folder. I see now that there may be a different method when multisamples are involved, which is still not known to me, but may be explained in some of the other preset libraries....the mists are clearing....

post edited by The Kiosk Project - 2014/04/18 18:40:08

scook
Forum Host
Re: Can't load Rapture progs 2014/04/18 18:35:43 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby The Kiosk Project 2014/04/18 18:35:50
It is one of the few that is only programs. Here is now I installed that collection
  • Unzip the B Rock Collection RP-1.64.zip
  • Move the B Rock Collection RP-1.64 folder into c:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs
  • Run Rapture
  • Open the Rapture program browser and press F5 to refresh the browser
  • There should be a new entry in the browser called B Rock Collection RP-1.64 with 7 folders in it
Garry Stubbs
Re: Can't load Rapture progs 2014/04/18 18:40:54 (permalink)
Scook, I really appreciate your attention to this thread, thank you. I now have the B-Rock patches working. I will have to search and read the Rapture manual some more to find out about the multisample features etc, but thanks so much for this. I now have B-Rock, but U-Rock too !

scook
Forum Host
Re: Can't load Rapture progs 2014/04/18 18:41:19 (permalink)
The Kiosk Project
I read the specific install instructions in this set and successfully loaded them into Rapture just now. I was going for a 'one size fits all' install and putting all the downloaded directories into the Rapture folder. I see now that there may be a different method when multisamples are involved, which is still not known to me, but may be explained in some of the other preset libraries....the mists are clearing....

Yes, one size does not fit all but there are similarities. Reading the included instructions should help. Large collections like Muz3um with installers should go a little easier. I'll keep watching the thread.
Garry Stubbs
Re: Can't load Rapture progs 2014/04/18 18:43:41 (permalink)
Thanks again Scook... 

scook
Forum Host
Re: Can't load Rapture progs 2014/04/18 18:48:30 (permalink)
An excellent resource is Simon Cann's book Cakewalk Synthezisers

good luck

b rock
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8717
Re: Can't load Rapture progs 2014/04/18 19:15:46 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby The Kiosk Project 2014/04/20 06:59:55
B Rock collection RP-1.64 seems to have the most presets in.

Oh, that's an old one.  No doubt it's full of experimental presets.  There are more presets using the newer Rapture features in something like 00 Relative 110, but you'll need to have the (free) Rapture Expansion Packs 1 and 2 installed [available from Cakewalk to registered users].

The thought at the time was that most every Rapture user would take advantage of the Cakewalk freebies, and those packs added a number of new wavetables & multisamples.  Other than that requirement, the .progs were all designed to use what was in a "standard" Rapture installation (an updated synth, plus the two free Expansion Packs).

Anything that required custom multisamples for the presets usually had an installer courtesy of Chad Beckwith.  Scook mentioned the exception - Architecture TB-32.  In case you went to the direct download page in PatchArena, I linked the Synth Resources page above (it has some brief descriptions on requirements).  Sometimes, I added a ReadMe .txt file or Quick Start .pdf to the zipped archive.

Regretfully, there is no 'one size fits all' method that will apply to everything here.  These sets go back 8-9 years, and I was adapting my approach & learning new tricks as I went.  The refinements culminated in U-120 with that ongoing FiSound partnership.  It's always better to have a few sets of eyes & ears trained on any ambitious project.
Garry Stubbs
Re: Can't load Rapture progs 2014/04/20 07:02:17 (permalink)
Hi B Rock, thanks very much for the reply. I have heard some of the presets and they are very interesting. Very interesting to note how many of them incorporate up to 6 elements, which many of the standard presets don't. I finally am rising, albeit slowly, up my learning curve with Rapture. Thanks once again...

chad
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 468
Re: Can't load Rapture progs 2014/04/23 11:00:15 (permalink)
I've been tossing around the idea to take all the Rapture content on PatchArena and combine it into a single package for new Rapture users.  I haven't had the time recently to do this, but it is something that I'd like to do eventually.
There is some really amazing content in there that covers the gammit of Rapture features.  From Programs, Samples, Wavetables, Custom LFOs, SFZ programming tricks, Modulation Tricks, and more.  I'm not sure which method would be easier to digest for a new Rapture user.  I don't want someone to miss out on all of the gems on the downloads page if it was bundled all together. 

Anyone have thoughts on it?

Mesh
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 27360
Re: Can't load Rapture progs 2014/04/25 09:28:15 (permalink)
chad
I've been tossing around the idea to take all the Rapture content on PatchArena and combine it into a single package for new Rapture users.  I haven't had the time recently to do this, but it is something that I'd like to do eventually.
There is some really amazing content in there that covers the gammit of Rapture features.  From Programs, Samples, Wavetables, Custom LFOs, SFZ programming tricks, Modulation Tricks, and more.  I'm not sure which method would be easier to digest for a new Rapture user.  I don't want someone to miss out on all of the gems on the downloads page if it was bundled all together. 

Anyone have thoughts on it?

First of all, I'd like to thank you Chad for all that you've done for us Rapture users.

I've been watching this post and was hoping someone more knowledgeable than I would post some suggestions. I think this is a great idea to have a link to DL the whole package (for those that don't have most of it) AND also have a breakdown (of the package) where each individual pack can be downloaded seperately (for those that already have most of it)......just a thought......

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1