Can't load audio driver: Guitar Rig 2 Specifically

Author
mailboxhead
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
2005/12/13 21:30:18 (permalink)

Can't load audio driver: Guitar Rig 2 Specifically

I'm trying to load the Rig Kontrol 2 audio drivers in Sonar 5. I get to the drivers panel and I see them listed, but they are grey'ed out. Tried turning off and rebooting but then they disappear. When I click it, it instantally unclicks it, as in, sonar isn't allowing me to use them.

Sorry if this has been answered before, couldn't find anything (but i couldn't figure out what to search for)

Thanks in advance

5 Replies Related Threads

JoePaz
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 194
    RE: Can't load audio driver: Guitar Rig 2 Specifically 2005/12/13 22:17:31 (permalink)
    Sounds like you're using ASIO drivers. You have to unselect all of the inputs and outputs of whatever driver SONAR is currently using, and then you can select the Rig Kontrol I/O's.

JP
    mailboxhead
    RE: Can't load audio driver: Guitar Rig 2 Specifically 2005/12/14 03:07:06 (permalink)
    I am using asio4all drivers.

So if I disable them, won't I not be able to use them to make sonar work?

I will give this a shot once I get back on my computer. Thanks
    mailboxhead
    RE: Can't load audio driver: Guitar Rig 2 Specifically 2005/12/14 03:27:59 (permalink)
    Ok. I tried turning off my asio drivers and then turning on the RK.

The only way I can hear anything is by going guitar -> rig kontrol left in -> sonar with vst effect -> from sonar master out to NI Rig Kontrol 2 Left -> from left out on RK back into my soundcard, and then I have to unmute my card's input and be monitoring using the windows control.

This doesn't seem like the correct path. Seems like it would make more sense to have the output from the master bus go to my sound card, instead of to the RK and then back to my card via a line input. The way I have it would also mean that other audio has to run through the RK and then back to the computer. It just seems like an un-necessairy step

ideas?
    darc
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 764
    RE: Can't load audio driver: Guitar Rig 2 Specifically 2005/12/14 09:48:38 (permalink)
    Wow. That is an interesting problem, but I think what you've got is what you've got. The intended setup for the RK is that its outputs would run directly to the monitoring solution (i.e. monitors or power amp/guitar cab) and not back to the PC. It's really aimed at performance more than studio applications.

IMO this sucks, really, and Native Instruments should be delivering a WDM driver that will play nicely with other interfaces.

They also need to get on the ball and make that thing send MIDI cc messages etc. so that it can be programmed to drive other plugins simultaneously. I've been asking about this - or alternately the ability to insert plugs directly into GR - on the NI forum for about a year, but they are very adept at ignoring their customers.
    mailboxhead
    RE: Can't load audio driver: Guitar Rig 2 Specifically 2005/12/14 15:09:32 (permalink)
    So I guess for my own clarification, ASIO drivers can only run one set at a time, but WDM can run 2 or more?

Like I said, I'm able to make this work by using the RK sound card; however, it just seems like there would be a different solution. My question is, what if I had a seperate audio interface that needed asio drivers? Would I just not use the RK?

I agree with you on contacting NI. THey seem pretty unresponsive. I think it has a lot to do with the main company being in Germany so the devs are german speakers :)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1