Can't seem to come up with lyrics for this...

Author
Peter Rabbit
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1305
2011/05/18 10:43:26 (permalink)

Can't seem to come up with lyrics for this...

This is a rough mix of a contemporary rock song that I wrote awhile ago but I could never seem to come up with the right lyrics for it.

I really need lyrics and vocals before I can finish the final mix but I'm just brain-blocked.

I used Cakewalk's TTS's Hamming for the vocals so all you'll hear is "doo-doo" for the lyrics.

Maybe "doo-doo" best describes this song anyway.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=326226&songID=10654916

Pete

"Creating a bad song takes just as much time and energy as creating a good one. The problem is that you don't know it's a bad song until someone tells you, and by then it's too late."
P. Rabbit

13 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:Can't seem to come up with lyrics for this... 2011/05/18 11:03:38 (permalink)
    Nice tune, Pete. I hear you have a new (left-handed) drummer, too.
    So, are you looking for a lyricist or ideas on how to inspire yourself to write lyrics?
    I'd be happy to download it and add it to the long list of unfinished projects I have and take a crack at the lyrics.
    But the world could end before I come up with anything.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Can't seem to come up with lyrics for this... 2011/05/18 12:17:16 (permalink)
    Sounds like America's Horse with no name tune a bit.

nice easy listening melody/tune. Hope you get some words to it.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    No How
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5180
    Re:Can't seem to come up with lyrics for this... 2011/05/18 13:07:51 (permalink)
    Hello Pete,

Nice to hear a song of yours.  This is very clean and well mixed.  I really like the guitar layers.
    If you've got no lyrics that your life is going too well.

I keep banging on the door of my inner cole porter and never leave him alone till he reluctanly shoots me a phrase i can milk into a song.   He hates me but i love him.  sigh.   such is life.

s o n g s

– Beauty lodged in a bad hotel has no value.  Raymond Lull
    darylcrowley
    Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2700
    Re:Can't seem to come up with lyrics for this... 2011/05/18 13:51:26 (permalink)
    I'm not sure if you're just having trouble with lyrics here.. or lyrics in general.

If you have trouble with lyrics in general, there are methods for learning how to come up with lyrics, it is something than can be learned farily easily.  If that's the case, let me know I would be happy to share it with you.

Daryl

Daryl Crowley
    Sonica Labs I7 Quad Core -
    Windows 7 64bit Professional
    Sonar 8.5 Producer - Ozone 4
    http://www.darylcrowley.com/
    Peter Rabbit
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1305
    Re:Can't seem to come up with lyrics for this... 2011/05/18 14:38:55 (permalink)

Hi folks. Thanks for the listen.

I'm not exactly sure why I posted this. It's a song that I wrote and put together well over a year ago and I just happened to come accross it this morning and thought, "Well,...it has some interesting qaualities but overall it's a rather odd composition."

I remember not being able to come up with suitable lyrics at the time and since it was such a weird genre I decided to just put it away for awhile.

Can't really put my finger on it but it seems there's not really a use for this song. Top 40's..no,commercials...no, soundtrack...no, it just doesn't fit anywhere.

I will say that lyrics have always been the most difficult thing for me (excluding vocals of course, which tops my list of difficulties).

I have already purchased Masterwriter, which is a software tool used for songwriting and it has helped considerably however it doesn't write anything for you; it simply supplies you with rhyming words and phrases as well as a thesarus and dictionary. Actually it is a powerful tool but you still need to have good writing skills to utilize it effectively.

Anyway...this was just a peculiar song that I stashed away long ago and had forgotten about and thought I'd post it. I barely remember writing it but I do remember thinking, "Why am spending so much time on this stupid, dud of a song!?"

It's not really a bad song, it's just not a good one.

Pete

"Creating a bad song takes just as much time and energy as creating a good one. The problem is that you don't know it's a bad song until someone tells you, and by then it's too late."
    P. Rabbit
    Tap
    Max Output Level: -30 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4536
    Re:Can't seem to come up with lyrics for this... 2011/05/19 23:27:24 (permalink)
    This has all the elements of becoming a really good song. ... The melody just get's into your head. There are some similarities to Ventura Highway by America. This really does have a very nice melody. Some day a line may pop in your head and the lyrics will then find a good starting point.

MC4 - M-Audio FW410 / Behringer UCA202 - Fender Strat / Jazzmaster / DuoSonic / Washburn / Peavy Foundation M-Audio Radium 49 Roland Juno 106 / JazzChorus / Seymore Duncan Convertible - HP A1230N ( AMD Athalon 3800+ 2G Ram + 200G HD )

http://soundclick.com/cut2thechaise

Guitarpima
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4125
    Re:Can't seem to come up with lyrics for this... 2011/05/19 23:42:00 (permalink)
    What inspired you to write this song?

I  wrote a song about a moron, who I thought was a friend but all he wanted was to get high, So I wrote about three blind mice. Fred, Joe and Roger are the typical types. To boot, kids would probably love it and not get it.

Another time I was sick of all the junk mail sitting on the table and wrote about it. On the top of the sizable pile was one that said, "Notice This".

PS. Smoking should be legal and not drinking.  Since I do neither anymore, ban them both or legalize the other.

Notation, the original DAW. Everything else is just rote. We are who we are and no more than another. Humans, you people are crazy.

Win 7 x64  X2  Intel DX58SO, Intel i7 920 2.66ghz 12gb DDR3  ASUS ATI EAH5750  650w PSU 4x WD HDs 320gb  DVD, DVD RW Eleven Rack, KRK Rokit 8s and 10s sub
    Janet
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:Can't seem to come up with lyrics for this... 2011/05/21 23:06:05 (permalink)
    Well, I like it.  You could always add some 'la-la's' in there for diversity.  :) 
    GuitarBob
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 60
    Re:Can't seem to come up with lyrics for this... 2011/05/24 15:05:51 (permalink)

I hope you find words to this, this sounds great Pete!! How did you record the bass on this? Or what did you use I should say? I really like the bass sound on this, IMO it's perfect, something I wish I could get out of this new york pro bass I've been trying to use.

Excellent!!!

GuitarBob

bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:Can't seem to come up with lyrics for this... 2011/05/24 17:29:43 (permalink)
    PM'd you some lyrics.
    GuitarBob
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 60
    Re:Can't seem to come up with lyrics for this... 2011/05/24 18:02:05 (permalink)
    bapu

PM'd you some lyrics.

Thanks, I look forward to getting them, I need all the help I can get!

I'm just kidding Bapu, I know you were talking to Pete.

GuitarBob

radio
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2782
    Re:Can't seem to come up with lyrics for this... 2011/05/25 10:05:51 (permalink)
                                  "  Blue Rabbit "

Theres goes there goes my little blue rabbit so funny you know

Hopping across the sky looking so so blue my pretty blue rabbit 

Heres something to start with if you are into rabbits . LOL
    Just kidding with you , I like your music ! Find a title that works with the music and then work off the title you picked for the music you created , easier said then done right !
    Try it and see where you end up with something for this nice song .

Radio

Dirtyharry53
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 44
    Re:Can't seem to come up with lyrics for this... 2011/05/26 22:15:57 (permalink)
    As I was listening to it , I was tried my best to come up with Lyrics, I got  a start with it  "Just catch the wind"
    We could win, if we just catch the wind
    drive all away home with me
    be with me , be with me
    never leave me ,things will always be plenty to see
    Good  Going  Peter
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1