Change Rapture Multi Sample folder location

Author
jimmy a
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18
2007/10/27 13:32:55 (permalink)

Change Rapture Multi Sample folder location

Is there a way to change the Rapture Multisample file location, i.e., move it to another drive, and still have it recognized by Rapture? I know for Dimension Pro there is a Registry hack, but for Rapture there is no registry key for the Multisample folder. Any help would be appreciated.

post edited by jimmy a - 2007/10/27 13:44:26

4 Replies Related Threads

torhan
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4271
    RE: Change Rapture Multi Sample folder location 2007/10/27 14:57:59 (permalink)
    I guess this thread could help: http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1197255

Sonar Platinum
    Premier Tracks
    ASCAP
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: Change Rapture Multi Sample folder location 2007/10/27 21:05:40 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: jimmy a

Is there a way to change the Rapture Multisample file location, i.e., move it to another drive, and still have it recognized by Rapture? I know for Dimension Pro there is a Registry hack, but for Rapture there is no registry key for the Multisample folder. Any help would be appreciated.

Just follow the instructions at the Virtual Instruments section of the Project5 Users Wiki site--it has instructions for all of Cakewalk's "Express Engine" synths including Rapture, Dimension, and others: Express Engine Multisample Relocation

Rapture uses the Multisamples key just like Dimension, but it does not exist in a default install and Rapture assumes a default value instead. But if you manually add the key to the registry and supply it a value then the next time you run Rapture it will use that new value instead of its internal default.
    post edited by techead - 2007/10/27 21:16:54
    jimmy a
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 18
    RE: Change Rapture Multi Sample folder location 2007/10/27 22:12:03 (permalink)
    Thanks, Bob. Worked beautifully for the multisamples. What is the "contents" folder? Is this the pointer to the "Programs" folder, or is it the location of all the files? I'd like to relocate the "Programs" folder to another directory as well in order to keep my data seperate.

Thanks again.
    Nick P
    Max Output Level: -44 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3112
    RE: Change Rapture Multi Sample folder location 2007/10/29 06:11:37 (permalink)
    The programs are just settings on the synths as well as pointers to the raw sample data (both DimPro and Rapture are sample based, even though they sound remarkably similar to "true" virtual analog synths - even better than many to my ears). So your DimPro/Rapture browser wants to see a certain file path to the programs folder. This is where it can get tricky if you change this without "telling" DimPro or Rapture about it, and this is where I think the registry entries come into play. Once you've changed everything, I think you also need to do an F5 refresh with the DimPro or Rapture browser open. You also need to do this if you reorganize or add sub-folders within your main DimPro or Rapture programs folder.

Cakewalk Forums - A Great Learning Resource For All Things Cakewalk!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1