Changed the driver for Audio Feedback and now Sonar crashes every time it starts

Author
Nathymoore
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 32
2017/09/10 11:47:38 (permalink)

Changed the driver for Audio Feedback and now Sonar crashes every time it starts

I changed it, being the fool I am, trying to find the best configuration for my system. Everything was working almost perfectly, and after I changed it Sonar crashes all of the time during the load up. I've reinstalled but no idea how to fix this. I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, I'm fairly new with the software and I'm worried I can't fix it now :/

Thank you.

4 Replies Related Threads

THambrecht
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 867
    Re: Changed the driver for Audio Feedback and now Sonar crashes every time it starts 2017/09/10 13:08:14 (permalink)
    Have you tried to unplug your audiointerface before you start SONAR?
    Another way is to delete the file "aud.ini" in C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\SONAR Platinum

We digitize tapes, vinyl, dat, md ... in broadcast and studio quality for publishers, public institutions and individuals.
    4 x Intel Quad-CPU, 4GHz Sonar Platinum (Windows 10 - 64Bit) and 14 computers for recording tapes, vinyl ...

4 x RME Fireface 800, 2 x Roland Octa Capture and 4 x Roland Quad Capture, Focusrite .... Studer A80, RP99, EMT948 ...

(Germany)  http://www.hambrecht.de
    Nathymoore
    Re: Changed the driver for Audio Feedback and now Sonar crashes every time it starts 2017/09/10 23:56:26 (permalink)
    THambrecht
    Have you tried to unplug your audiointerface before you start SONAR?
    Another way is to delete the file "aud.ini" in C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\SONAR Platinum

Hey, thanks for your reply. I've deleted the file and unplugged my audiointerface, but the program now crashes instantly as soon as I start it :/
    Unknowen
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1276
    Re: Changed the driver for Audio Feedback and now Sonar crashes every time it starts 2017/09/11 00:55:24 (permalink)
    Are you running Sonar as Administrator? Many problems are caused my not installing and running as non Administrator.

Peace!

Hay look,
    Somethings are not locked in stone... lol 3/18/2019
    Nathymoore
    Re: Changed the driver for Audio Feedback and now Sonar crashes every time it starts 2017/09/11 01:13:21 (permalink)
    11Dreams
    Are you running Sonar as Administrator? Many problems are caused my not installing and running as non Administrator.

Peace!

Hey, I always run it as the administrator. I've fixed the problem, though I'm not entirely certain HOW it fixed it, but I had to completely uninstall everything, including the registers, and start it again. For sure, I will not be changing the setting ever again :P

Thank you for assistance, everyone.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1