Changing a note in the "Note Map Pane"

Author
Lona69
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 80
2006/03/29 08:11:46 (permalink)

Changing a note in the "Note Map Pane"

On Page 310 of TFM, there is a graphic of the "Note map Pane" which I am totally unable to find. What I want to do is change the sound of a snare drum that is default in a MIDI file I am trying to "mix". What I'm trying to achieve is to change the "out" note number FOR THE ENTIRE TRACK. I dont want to have to do this note by note. It seems that the above mentioned graphic might provide me with the means to do this , but I cant find it. Do I have to, (first) create a drum map to do this/see the drum map pane. Why cant I see the names of the individual drums in the Piano roll view? I understand that I can change other contoller info by just clicking on the "first" note and then scrolling along to the last note and it will globally change all, but it doesnt seem to be relevant to what I want to do.......Anybody help this poor fool?

G

Daddy,couldnt format drive A, so I formatted C instead

3 Replies Related Threads

Susan G
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12016
    RE: Changing a note in the "Note Map Pane" 2006/03/29 09:03:11 (permalink)
    Hi G-
    Do I have to, (first) create a drum map to do this/see the drum map pane.

The Note Map pane displays the current drum map assigned to the output of the MIDI track. You don't have to create one from scratch since there are several included with SONAR, one of which is probably very close to what you need already.

HTH-

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
    Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
    SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64
    Lona69
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 80
    RE: Changing a note in the "Note Map Pane" 2006/03/29 11:28:18 (permalink)
    Hey Susan...Thanks for the reply.

If I dont have to create a drum map then (can I refer you back to my original question) How do I make the out midi note (for my snare drum) different from the in midi note (in the sequence), for the whole track. By the way I've seen how helpful you are to other people over a long period of time and you should be commended. Or as we say in Australia.....Onya mate.

G

Daddy,couldnt format drive A, so I formatted C instead
    Susan G
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12016
    RE: Changing a note in the "Note Map Pane" 2006/03/29 11:39:10 (permalink)
    If I dont have to create a drum map then

What I was trying to say was you don't have to "create" a drum map, but you do have to "assign" one in the output of the MIDI track in order to see that Note Map Pane you referred to in the PRV. I'm not at my DAW right now, but SONAR ships with several, including GM drum maps, which should map pretty closely to most, um, GM drum kits. What are you using for drums?

Once you assign a drum map to that MIDI track's Output you'll see drum names in the Note Map pane and you should be back on track with what's in the manual re changing a note's output. Does that help at all? I can go into more detail later if no one else jumps in.

Oh, and thanks for the commendation! I've learned a tremendous amount here over the years, and I'm very happy when I can give back some!

Edit: It occurs to me that when you drop-down the Output list, it says something that might be throwing you off. I think it says "New Drum Map" or "Drum Map Manager", something like that (or both). If you don't already have a Drum Map in the project, go the the Drum Map Manager, and you'll be able to load an existing one. This is from memory, so it might be off a bit, but the point is to get to that Drum Map dialog so you can load one into the project/track.

HTH-

-Susan
    post edited by Susan G - 2006/03/29 11:49:55

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
    Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
    SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1