Changing audio tempo

Author
John Payne
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 17
2018/10/09 01:27:42 (permalink)

Changing audio tempo

I've got an audio backing track that I would like to slow down about 10%.  Seems like I did something like this before simply by selecting the audio clip then Process:Length:Duration - etc., but nothing changes when I do that.  Guidance appreciated.

2 Replies Related Threads

Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
    Cakewalk Staff
    • Total Posts : 284
    Re: Changing audio tempo 2018/10/09 12:11:44 (permalink)
    John Payne
    I've got an audio backing track that I would like to slow down about 10%.  Seems like I did something like this before simply by selecting the audio clip then Process:Length:Duration - etc., but nothing changes when I do that.  Guidance appreciated.

Process Length still works, just make sure you have the check box for audio ticked. You can also stretch the audio in real time (Process renders is down) by either slip stretching (holding CTRL and Shift and grabbing the edge of the clip), stretching it from the AudioSnap section of the Clip Properties in the Inspector, or you can set it to follow the project tempo with either AudioSnap or Melodyne. If you've just got a single chunk of audio, Slip Stretching is probably the easiest method.

Jonathan Sasor
    Quality Assurance Engineer 
    BandLab
    John Payne
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 17
    Re: Changing audio tempo 2018/10/09 12:50:48 (permalink)
    For my version 2018 (Build 30, 64 bit), Process does not seems to work even with the audio box ticked.  However CTRL/Shift slip edit did.  I do appreciate the help.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1