Clive Barker & Sonar

Author
bunnyfluffer
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 674
2008/10/24 17:06:50 (permalink)

Clive Barker & Sonar

Check it out!
Sonar User Justin Lassen created the official inspired/remixed Soundtrack Album for Clive Barkers Midnight Meat Train in Sonar!

http://www.midnightmeattrainthemovie.com/
iTunes
Amazon

Track Listing:
01. Strange, Strange Dark Star (Justin Lassen Remix)
- Iconcrash
02. Whenever We Come Back (Justin Lassen Remix)
- Breaking The Jar
03. Blue Hands (Justin Lassen Remix)
- Manakin Moon
04. Today's Remains (Justin Lassen Remix)
- Three Dot Revelation
05. S.O.S. (Anything But Love) (Justin Lassen Remix)
- Apocalyptica
06. Dismemberment Express (Justin Lassen Remix)
- Slvtn
07. Recluse (Justin Lassen Remix)
- alu
08. Leon's Obsession (Justin Lassen Remix)
- Robert Williamson & Johannes Kobilke
09. Great Big Sleep (Justin Lassen Remix)
- The Second Coming
10. Briton Load (Justin Lassen Remix)
- Illusion Of Order
11. Nacatl (Justin Lassen Remix)
- Jason Hayes
12. Scabs (Justin Lassen Remix) Penetrator
13. The Human Condition (Justin Lassen Remix)
- Digital Dirt Heads
14. End Credits (Justin Lassen Remix)
- Robert Williamson & Johannes Kobilke

http://www.justinlassen.com/
http://www.myspace.com/justinlassen

8 Replies Related Threads

fresh101
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 772
    RE: Clive Barker & Sonar 2008/10/24 17:15:54 (permalink)
    This really cool news.

It also adds another big name brand production to answer the " Is Sonar professional ?" question.
    Tom F
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2749
    RE: Clive Barker & Sonar 2008/10/24 17:33:36 (permalink)
    why am i sure that he would have done the same great work with any other comparable sequencer software? should i name 3, 5, 10 ???

...trying to be polite... quick temper...trying to be...
    John
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 30467
    RE: Clive Barker & Sonar 2008/10/24 17:48:17 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: info@tomflair.com

why am i sure that he would have done the same great work with any other comparable sequencer software? should i name 3, 5, 10 ???

Perhaps but as fast? LOL

Best
    John
    Tom F
    RE: Clive Barker & Sonar 2008/10/25 08:18:34 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: John

Perhaps but as fast? LOL

...speed kills

The Maillard Reaction
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31918
    RE: Clive Barker & Sonar 2008/10/25 09:54:34 (permalink)
    But it also thrills!

There's a reason I don't own a fast car!

papa2004
    Max Output Level: -10.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6475
    RE: Clive Barker & Sonar 2008/10/25 10:17:26 (permalink)

I suppose that would depend on which software company was "wooing" him at the time.

I've never even heard of the guy (to the best of my knowledge). Probably an "age" thing.

I'm not even sure what "...created the official inspired/remixed Soundtrack Album..." actually means. Perhaps the guy is a brilliant producer or somewhat of a "child prodigy" in some circles. Again, the "age" thing is probably coming into play.

I must agree with tomflair, the tools used are merely tools...A creative mind and innovative thinking win out in the long run...Don't get me wrong, I believe Cakewalk products are excellent "tools"...How they compare with similar applications is a "user-defined" situation.

On the other hand, if this Justin person would have spent as much time on his website explaining exactly what he was doing in SONAR to create this "masterpiece" I might view his accomplishments differently. All I noticed on the website was a lot of self-promotion and product endorsements. Perhaps I missed something (again, the "age" thing may have been a factor)...The truth of the matter is probably this: I just don't get most "remixes". If the song/cue is pertinent to the film's content, why screw around with it? Allow me the luxury of reliving the moment in song...

Regards,
    Papa
    Tom F
    RE: Clive Barker & Sonar 2008/10/25 13:22:21 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: papa2004

I suppose that would depend on which software company was "wooing" him at the time.

I've never even heard of the guy (to the best of my knowledge). Probably an "age" thing.

I'm not even sure what "...created the official inspired/remixed Soundtrack Album..." actually means. Perhaps the guy is a brilliant producer or somewhat of a "child prodigy" in some circles. Again, the "age" thing is probably coming into play.

I must agree with tomflair, the tools used are merely tools...A creative mind and innovative thinking win out in the long run...Don't get me wrong, I believe Cakewalk products are excellent "tools"...How they compare with similar applications is a "user-defined" situation.

On the other hand, if this Justin person would have spent as much time on his website explaining exactly what he was doing in SONAR to create this "masterpiece" I might view his accomplishments differently. All I noticed on the website was a lot of self-promotion and product endorsements. Perhaps I missed something (again, the "age" thing may have been a factor)...The truth of the matter is probably this: I just don't get most "remixes". If the song/cue is pertinent to the film's content, why screw around with it? Allow me the luxury of reliving the moment in song...

hehehe - thanks papa for agreeing with the only "true"point in my post....actually i just LIED when i typed: "... the same great work..."
    actually i dont even know who the hell that guy is (and i dont care) i just posted that phrase as a sort of disclaimer - cos i didnt want to diss sonar - but i wanted to point out that imo its a bit "funny" to name artists who have used this or that just to do something...actually if x or y uses a or b to produce d or e is totally irrelevant....

papa2004
    Max Output Level: -10.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6475
    RE: Clive Barker & Sonar 2008/10/25 17:08:34 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: infor@tomflair.com

hehehe - thanks papa for agreeing with the only "true"point in my post....actually i just LIED when i typed: "... the same great work..."
    actually i dont even know who the hell that guy is (and i dont care) i just posted that phrase as a sort of disclaimer - cos i didnt want to diss sonar - but i wanted to point out that imo its a bit "funny" to name artists who have used this or that just to do something...actually if x or y uses a or b to produce d or e is totally irrelevant....

Believe it or not, I TOTALLY understood the logic behind the first response you posted. Some folks prefer Studer over Ampex...Some prefer JBL over Genelec...Some prefer Pultec over Massenburg...Some prefer Neve over SSL...Some would argue (with proven credibility) about how the Beatles pushed the limitations of 4-Track tape decks whilst recording "Sgt. Pepper"...Hell, Bruce Springsteen recorded the "Nebraska" LP primarily on a "porta-studio" of sorts (I don't recall the model, but I believe it was a Tascam) in a friend's house...

As far as I'm concerned, most endorsements are useless for the average consumer.

EXAMPLES:

Clapton plays a Strat. Does that mean if I buy I a Strat I can play like Clapton?? If I buy a Les Paul and a Marshall stack can I sound like Dickie Betts? If I book a week of studio time at The Record Plant and hire the "A Team" session cats, am I guaranteed to produce a "hit"?

George Shearing has endorsed Baldwin pianos (and might still do so) for as long as I can remember. I love his work, but I prefer some other pianos to any Baldwin grand that I've ever played. It's a "style" thing. I wish I could play like Shearing does, but sitting at a Baldwin doesn't make it happen.

In the formative stages of Beatlemania, McCartney's stage instrument was a Hofner "Violin" bass played through a Vox amp. Anyone care to venture a guess as to how often that rig was actually used in the studio?

Tools are great. How one chooses to use them is much more important. As Halloween approaches, a fitting analogy could be drawn from using the tool "scalpel"...In the proper hands it can be very beneficial, in the wrong hands it can be deadly.

Regards,
    Papa
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1