Color customization makeover - anything colored be part of theme

Author
lfm
Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2216
2015/03/18 12:40:11 (permalink)
5 (1)

Color customization makeover - anything colored be part of theme

Tried searching, and nothing found on this - so forgive me if kicking in open doors.

I made this in too many words, in poor english - so try to summarize:

#1. Any color that is part of gui - please make it accessible in theme settings - bottom request below
#2. Having a large amount of colors - it also is much easier to find your way having consistent naming - first request below

In short this is a request

Naming of colors are not so descriptive all the time.
Looked for background and forground for track number to easily spot a selected track - and names were not at all helpful, but forground. Background was just track header or something.
And no corresponding "selected" "non-selected" so it's hard to navigate.

Examples
Track View Control Outline - this only refer to track header name control, but outlines that control with chosen color
Track View Current Control Outline - also track header name control, but only put handles on corners, not outlining much

And overall there is confusion, since name control can be current - but it does not select track.
So trying to filter out quickly what you want in list is not so easy.

Track View Header Track number - good
Track View Header Selected Track number - good
Selected Track - not so descriptive that this track number background color for the two above, and it only applies to Track View which had part of name on the others

I find this inconsistens and by accident how they name colors.
Dialog is quite good, and ability to adjust and filter and all - but what you should filter on is more ambigous

I tried first "header" as filter text, to get all those colors - but Selected Track does not show there.
Not even Track View would give me Selected Track.

And colors for what they call control, track name as it were, for the selected track is yet to be found.
This cyan background and darker track name text - no idea how to select those - probably some name by accident.
Many obvious things are left out, so that leads to next remark below.

And many of colors that you could customize in Sonar 8.x are still not reachable.
The foundation is there in interface - but too few items you can affect.

Looked for ghost of automation for non-selected tracks - to easily spot where automation were used so far.
Found nothing, it becomes a dark green on very dark gray - really hard to spot.
Selected track is fine - and in it's own lane as well.

Any support for this appreciated.
Thanks.

EDIT: I try put some samples in first remark about naming colors, and improve english
post edited by lfm - 2015/04/03 16:20:15

Cubase Pro 9 with SA2015 as backup - W7 i7 2.8GHz 16G GeForce GT 730 - RME HDSP 9632 + AI4S

3 Replies Related Threads

williamcopper
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1120
    Re: Color customization makeover 2015/03/21 13:02:45 (permalink)
    The English you use has made this one hard to understand. 

As far as I can tell, in Sonar Platinum "unselected" is not a color choice that is possible.   It seems that sonar uses a much lighter tone (if that's the word)  of the same hue for unselected.   I agree that's not a good solution, but that's what they've given us so far. 
    stevec
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11546
    Re: Color customization makeover 2015/03/21 15:15:57 (permalink)
    I'm also not completely following the first part of the request, but ghosted automation I get - I've long wanted a way to change the brightness/saturation for ghosted envelopes.  Or, to have active envelopes colored and bolded while ghosted envelopes just colored/thinner.  Or some combination there of. 

SteveC
    https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
    Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
    Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

lfm
    Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2216
    Re: Color customization makeover 2015/03/22 06:19:39 (permalink)
    OK, updated with some examples, and maybe this can get some more love.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1