Command Center Tedium

Author
drathbun
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2017/09/08 18:15:35 (permalink)

Command Center Tedium

There was a two-year-old thread about this, but I couldn't reply to it.

I have Sonar Platinum (lifetime) and just did the new update. I love Sonar, but the Command Center makes me nuts. 

1. Received an email that there is an update to Sonar (cool).
2. Run Command Center and wait five minutes while it searches through every piece of the Sonar package (most of which I'm not interested in).
3. Command Centre reports with a list of green and yellow lights, and, no surprise, Sonar Platinum has an update (duh). However, Command Center has ended with Sonar Professional (green) on top.
4. Click on Sonar Platinum (yellow) and Command Center goes off and searches for updates across the suite again (five minutes).
5. Command Center reports that Sonar Platinum has an update! (Double double duh).
6. Click on Update All and Command Center does its work while I go off and do other work.
7. Command Center reports all done and says "click here to continue". 
8. Now I'm smart enough by now to just close Command Center, for if I took its advice and "click here", it would take five minutes to search the entire suite and report back that there are no updates.

Seriously folks? Command Centre is the iTunes of Cakewalk where Sonar is the iOS.

1 Reply Related Threads

Cactus Music
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: Command Center Tedium 2017/09/08 18:41:43 (permalink)
    Ya, exactly my experience on my main DAW which has 8.5, X3, Professional and Splat. CCC also has Home Studio  on it's list so I have 3 versions to deal with. 
    I have to wait the same 5 minutes for any thing CCC does. It's painful. the list of what it is scanning goes on and on and on and of course gets repeated for the same list of stuff that comes with all 3 versions I own. 

But on my laptop where I only have Home Studio installed it is reasonable and only seems to scan for HS. 
    I guess if I uninstall Professional on my main DAW it might speed things up? 
    I tried the CCC options of removing certain content I don't need but that didn't help at all. 
    With all the updates Cake does CCC could use with some refining for sure. 

And FYI,, do not use the Install ALL option as we found it actually does not update the main program, It only updates the other stuff. Another thing that needs a change, Call it the "update Some stuff" instead. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1