Comping without solo?

Author
35mm
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1105
2017/04/20 17:06:09 (permalink)

Comping without solo?

By default Sonar solos the selected take when previewing (Shift + Space). Is there a way to disable the take soloing so I can compare takes in context with the music when comping? I know I can use Dim solo and even change the dim solo attenuation in preferences, but it would be handy to be able to just disable the auto solo feature when required.

2 Replies Related Threads

Beepster
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 18001
    Re: Comping without solo? 2017/04/20 18:37:07 (permalink)
    There IS an area (or at least there used to be) where you can set the "Audition" level (which is what is used during Speedcomping). I THOUGHT it was in Preferences somewhere but I can't for the life of me find it and a quick googley moogley hasn't refreshed my memory.

Basically it's an options area where you can choose one of three options of dB increase (3db 6db and maybe 10db?... it's been a while). I think the default is 6dB.

Much to my personal shagrin there was no 0dB option (which is what you want I think). HOWEVER a little while ago one of the smarter doods said if you double clicked on the box with the level options that it would allow you to put in your own value (like 0dB).

Your question got me all pumped to try that out but it appears I have forgotten where the frack that screen is hidden.

Hopefully someone will know what I'm referring to.

Cheers.
    Beepster
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 18001
    Re: Comping without solo? 2017/04/20 18:41:50 (permalink)
    Oh and what I usually do (or did back when I actually used the Speedcomping option... I don't anymore because it suffers from the same glitchiness on my system Audition always has) is simply turn down the track or bus I'm working on by 3dB (I changed the Audition option to 3dB boost) then turn it back up again when I'm done. If you've never changed that setting I think you'd want to turn down -6dB.

Simple to remember. Down 6 then back up 6.

Still not as good as finding that option screen. Ugh... I hate that. lol

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1