Complete DSF Sound Pack Bundle - Worth it?

Author
Silicon Audio
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 346
2012/04/11 22:08:25 (permalink)

Complete DSF Sound Pack Bundle - Worth it?

Just wondering if anyone has any comments, good or bad regarding the Complete DSF Sound Pack Bundle for the CW Sound Center?

I have Dimension Pro, Rapture and the original Z3TA+, but often just want to quickly grab some sounds for a project without necessarily doing sound design.  With the current marathon promotion, I thought it might be a good time to pick it up.

Any opinions on the quality/usability of the sound-set?

"One of the great and beautiful things about music and recordings in general is that legacies live on" - Billy Arnell - April 15 2012

3 Replies Related Threads

tomixornot
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1674
    Re:Complete DSF Sound Pack Bundle - Worth it? 2012/04/12 00:01:45 (permalink)
    If you do not already have the Elite Pack : Digital Sound Factory Vol 1-13 for Dimension Pro/Le ( http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=10-DSEP1.00-2RE) then the Complete DSF Sound Pack Bundle for CW Sound Center is really worth it, especially with the current 26.2% promo.

Some time ago after purchasing the Elite Pack Vol 1-13 (Dimension), I wrote to DSF and ask about these 2 packs, and got a reply that most share the basic wave forms, so for Sound Center, you get immediate working sounds with it's great sound type classification info. If you are looking for sounds without tweaking much, then the Sound Center pack will be most suitable.

Now, here is the thing.. after I've got the Elite Pack Vol 1-13 (Dimension), and for woodwind/brass arrangement work that I do, although I can find most sounds in the DSF, I still get the Garritan Jazz library for more complete woodwind/brass sound.

For anything else, I'm happily using Dimension Pro and the DSF Elite Pack.
    Silicon Audio
    Re:Complete DSF Sound Pack Bundle - Worth it? 2012/04/14 02:27:51 (permalink)

Thanks tomixornot - that's useful information.  I pretty much only have the original sound-sets and the free expansions for Dimension.

I usually just record in Sonar and use instruments for scratch tracks, so I really just wanted a broad set of instruments to use.  I think the DSF bundle for sound center will be just what I want.

Thanks again for your help.

"One of the great and beautiful things about music and recordings in general is that legacies live on" - Billy Arnell - April 15 2012
    Silicon Audio
    Re:Complete DSF Sound Pack Bundle - Worth it? 2012/04/17 20:20:24 (permalink)
    UPDATE:

Purchased the bundle today.  Can't wait to try it out when I get home from work.  I will report back as to the quality/usability of the sounds.

This seems like a very good deal with the current marathon promotion. 

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1