Confused: Pentagon presets issues PLEASE HELP!

Author
ttoz
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 417
2007/02/15 14:05:14 (permalink)

Confused: Pentagon presets issues PLEASE HELP!

Hi,

I had bought these directly from rgcAUdio before the takeover

Recently on a reformat I lost all my installers and had some problems with the Cakewalk registration tools..

Anyway, I got help through Cakewalk support forms and the resent me download links for the installers.

In BOTH cases I got DXI installers.

For example, the file is called pentagonDXi140.exe

I was also told I would need my serials to install but none of the installers actually asked for any. weird.

After some searching in the install location i did realise vst versions were also installed so I thought my problem was solved.

WELL!!!! Half the sounds in the default Pentagon F bank (Bigtone) sound completely different to what they did in the version I previously had from rgc AUDIO..i don't mean good different, but downright WEIRD!!

For example, the beautiful default Bank F (5th sweep pad) sounds in this version like lazer blips!!! where in reality it is a beautiful lush ambient pad!!

Can someone explain to me what is happening?

Can someone also tell me definitively once and for all, what is the latest versions of both z3ta+ and Pentagon .

Thanks in advance!
post edited by ttoz - 2007/02/24 10:07:27

5 Replies Related Threads

ttoz
    RE: EXTEMEL confused re: z3ta + Pentagon issues PLEASE HELP! 2007/02/24 07:30:18 (permalink)
    um bump and please Rene check out the cakewalk installer for yourself, it installs faulty pentagon presets!
    ttoz
    RE: EXTEMEL confused re: z3ta + Pentagon issues PLEASE HELP! 2007/02/24 07:32:24 (permalink)
    Just to clarify, i have been informed I don't need the serials for install, that is normal, and the dxi installer actually has both versions, so basically, the problems here are only with pentagon 1 presets
    René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: EXTEMEL confused re: z3ta + Pentagon issues PLEASE HELP! 2007/02/24 20:18:09 (permalink)
    um bump and please Rene check out the cakewalk installer for yourself, it installs faulty pentagon presets!

While this sentence is really strong, I don't doubt it might be true. Even when Pentagon I has been shipping with that same installer for five years. But first, let's check for pilot...

WELL!!!! Half the sounds in the default Pentagon F bank (Bigtone) sound completely different to what they did in the version I previously had from rgc AUDIO..i don't mean good different, but downright WEIRD!!

Are you positive that you did install the Wavetable Library? as indicated in the Release Notes, bank F requires the Wavetable Library installed.

-René
    ttoz
    RE: EXTEMEL confused re: z3ta + Pentagon issues PLEASE HELP! 2007/02/24 20:57:45 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: René

While this sentence is really strong, I don't doubt it might be true. Even when Pentagon I has been shipping with that same installer for five years. But first, let's check for pilot...

Are you positive that you did install the Wavetable Library? as indicated in the Release Notes, bank F requires the Wavetable Library installed.

-René

no i didn't nstall the wavetable library so obviously there's the problem.

cakewalk only sent me alink for the main installer.
    da berzurkur
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 217
    RE: EXTEMEL confused re: z3ta + Pentagon issues PLEASE HELP! 2007/03/04 12:36:56 (permalink)
    as indicated in the Release Notes, bank F requires the Wavetable Library installed.

this may seem like a dumb question, but...where do find the wavetable library if it is not automatically installed?

edit: nevermind...found them on the install for pentagon in sonar 6
    post edited by da berzurkur - 2007/03/04 13:35:48
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1