Constant Audio Dropouts here, too

Author
zrohtyzn
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2018/11/22 06:55:40 (permalink)

Constant Audio Dropouts here, too

Hi

I've just got Sonar Platinum installed on my new laptop. 
It's a GM501GS ROG Zephyrus:

i7-8750H 2.2GHz Hexa Core Processor
16GB DDR4-2666 So-DIMM RAM
1x 256GB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD (Sonar installed here)
1x 1TB SSHD (audio files stored here)
Zoom UAC-2 Audio Interface (drivers and firmware up to date)
ASIO Buffer Size: 512 Samples at 96kHz
Windows 10 OS

Using Sonar's performance monitor, my CPU never goes above 13% usage with all effects enabled on a song with 12 tracks, 10 audio and 2 midi.  RAM usage is approximately 35% or so.

I've tried Latencymon and it indicates that my system is very capable of running real-time audio recording software.
Upon reading about the "press e" diagnosis method, it seems that my dropouts are not caused by any of the effects being used.
After some experimentation, it does seem I'm able to make it through listening to the full song (a mere 3:23 in length) without a dropout by increasing the Playback I/O Buffer Size to 1024; however, from information I have read (primarily on these forums) that seems particularly high for modern hardware.  Furthermore, it's getting late and I've only been able to test that setting a few times, so I don't yet know how reliable it is.

Also tried things such as disabling unnecessary running software and wifi, as suggested in other posts.

Oddly enough, I had very similar issues on my desktop (i7 6700K, 16gig ddr4, pretty sure audio files were on a 7200rpm hdd).

Any assistance with this matter would be greatly appreciated, even if it's merely indicating that there's nothing actually wrong with having an I/O Buffer of 1024.

Thanks,
Zrohtyzn.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1