Controller will not trigger DXI tone generator

Author
glaurian
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18
2006/02/20 16:53:24 (permalink)

Controller will not trigger DXI tone generator

I have used V-Sampler successfully, though this synth has it's own inputs. Works fine. I can't get sound from any others that I've tried (curently working with Sonic Synth). I have searched the forum, found a post and I confirmed my setup. This did not fix the problem though.

I added Sonic Synth to the rack. 2 tracks were created (audio, midi), audio works from the Sonic Synth keyboard. Using my ES7 (local=off), I can record midi to the midi track and playback to Sonic Synth, but my ES7 will not triger the Sonic Synth tone generator in real-time.

On the Sonic Synth midi track, I have inputs set to ES7 Omni (I tried all), ouputs point to Sonic Synth.

I know I must be missing something very basic, can someone assist?

Thanks, Greg

6 Replies Related Threads

lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: Controller will not trigger DXI tone generator 2006/02/20 22:19:09 (permalink)
    Input echo on? Does this button need to be engaged to trigger a synth from an external controller?
    glaurian
    RE: Controller will not trigger DXI tone generator 2006/02/21 22:16:14 (permalink)
    Yea, that was it. Thanks. The Input Echo button on the track. Odd that it doesn't work if you set the Soft Synth echo = on in the Global tab !?!?! Guess I don't understand the routing yet.

Now that it works, it's horible to play. The latency is terible. It has to be 300 miliseconds ! Is this normal? or could there yet be another setting somewhere?

Thanks, Greg
    lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: Controller will not trigger DXI tone generator 2006/02/21 23:26:19 (permalink)
    Options/audio/Set the latency. Now This is where it gets a tad tricky. If your comp is slow setting the slider to a smaller number might cause glitchy audio performance.
    glaurian
    RE: Controller will not trigger DXI tone generator 2006/02/24 18:43:29 (permalink)
    Yep, that did it. Thanks

This is really the first time I've spent any significant time with soft syths. At the moment, I'm not very impressed. Probably because I have a limited variaty of sounds that came with the freebie synths and I havn't found anything I can't do on my EX5 or ES7. Though I'll keep playing around with this stuff now that it works. Never know what you can find if you take time to explore.

Thanks again, Greg
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Controller will not trigger DXI tone generator 2006/02/24 18:54:59 (permalink)
    At the moment, I'm not very impressed. Probably because I have a limited variaty of sounds that came with the freebie synths and I havn't found anything I can't do on my EX5 or ES7.
    Sounds like you need a little bump of Crystal, Greg. Download it [here], and grab the "sample ROM" while you're at it. There's some extra Patches [here], and the User Guide [here].

The best synth that money can't buy.
    glaurian
    RE: Controller will not trigger DXI tone generator 2006/02/26 23:04:10 (permalink)
    Wow. Thanks b rock. Crystal is the best I've used yet. These are some high quality voices. You can tell there was a lot of time spent building some of these. Really new to the soft synth stuff. CPU runs high, but who cares if your getting good quality sound. Some really sweet sounds. One really struck my instirational nerve, already started laying out a framework for a new project. Really, really, cool stuff.

Thanks again, Greg
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1