Controlling DXi effects and DX effects through midi (Vokator/Morphoder)

Author
scha038
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 288
2005/08/09 02:27:14 (permalink)

Controlling DXi effects and DX effects through midi (Vokator/Morphoder)

I have both NI Vokator and Waves Morphoder, both vocoders. Now when using Vokator, I can put the DXi plugin as an effect in a audio track, use a second midi track and route the output of this midi track to the Vokator DXi! "synth. But!!! with Waves Morphoder, I can't?! Though it should be controlled with midi. Thing is when inserting Morphoder into a audio track as a DX! effect, it doesn't give me the option to output a midi track to it, since Morphoder is a DX effect and Vokator a DXi effect (synth) . Any suggestions how I can play Morphoder with a midi track as it's "caries" for using voice in melody with the song?

Thanks John

3 Replies Related Threads

dreamkeeper
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2141
    RE: Controlling DXi effects and DX effects through midi (Vokator/Morphoder) 2005/08/09 07:00:31 (permalink)
    I don't have Morphoder, but you can use any VST like a synth in Sonar. Run Cakewalk VST Adapter. In the plug-in list (3rd screen, I think) click on Morphoder, then on "properties...", check "configure as DXi" and finish the adapter run. Restart Sonar, then it will be available as output option in MIDI tracks. HTH

werner
    scha038
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 288
    RE: Controlling DXi effects and DX effects through midi (Vokator/Morphoder) 2005/08/09 08:14:05 (permalink)
    Morphoders is installed as DX effect, so it won't show up in VST adapter. I did read the manual again and have to try out something else. hope this works
    dreamkeeper
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2141
    RE: Controlling DXi effects and DX effects through midi (Vokator/Morphoder) 2005/08/09 08:29:19 (permalink)
    Morphoders is installed as DX effect, so it won't show up in VST adapter.

Just install it as VST then. I have my NI stuff installed as both DXi and VSTi. Sometimes the wrapped VST works even better than the native DX implementation, sometimes worse. Good luck!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1