Controlling Main Audio Outputs from within Sonar when monitoring MIDI track

Author
Audioicon
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 349
2017/04/13 17:02:50 (permalink)

Controlling Main Audio Outputs from within Sonar when monitoring MIDI track

Hey guys!

I am using the MAudio 1814 with Sonar Platinum. I have a keyboard Coaxial SPDIF output connected to the 1814 Coaxial SPDIF Input via the breakout cable. I am monitoring the output from out 3/4 of the 1814.

In Sonar I insert a MIDI and play a sound, everything works. What I am unable to do is control the Main Output, the 3/4 from the Sonar Master Channel. I have set the master channel to output 3/4 but nothing happens. I deleted the default Master and created it again specifying the channel as a Monitoring channel, I again assigned the ports but nothing happens. Cannot turn volume up or down.

I tried different variations as follows: 

MASTER CHANNEL: 
Input = 1814 SPDIF Stereo 
Output = 1814 3/4. 
Does not control sound. 

MASTER CHANNEL: 
Input = 1814 3/4. 
Output = 1814 3/4. 
Does not control sound. 

MASTER CHANNEL: 
Input = not set 
Output = 1814 3/4. 
Does not control sound. 

The problem with this is that I have multiple MIDI connected and I have to keep messing with the volume of all the tracks or control the main from the 1814 Control/Utility panel.

1 Reply Related Threads

Audioicon
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 349
    Re: Controlling Main Audio Outputs from within Sonar when monitoring MIDI track 2017/04/14 16:19:29 (permalink)
    Well, in case anyone is experiencing similar issues: I was able to resolve this using the following method:
    1. Delete Master Track (This track will work only for audio tracks)
    2. Add a New Audio Track
    3. Set the Track as In Monitoring by selecting the Input Monitor Checkbox
    4. Set the track input to the input your interface: Because I am getting all of my input via SPDIF Coaxial, I set the track input to Stereo SPDIF.
    5. Next, set the output to the output of your interface used for monitoring. I am using port 3 and 4 to powered monitors.
    6. Finally, in my audio interface, I turn off input monitoring by simply clicking the port so that it is not active (blue).
    And that's it, I am able to control the master out put of the Audio Interface.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1