Convert midi to wav

Author
doc2212
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
2007/03/26 06:32:26 (permalink)

Convert midi to wav

Hi Guys

I have home studio 4. I want to convert my midi files to wav files. I'm playing my
midi files out of a roland sound canvas SC-55mk11 (I'm not particulary midi literate
so go easy on me)

What's the best way.

Any help greatfully appreciated

thanks

Peter

3 Replies Related Threads

Ken J
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 163
    RE: Convert midi to wav 2007/03/26 10:37:37 (permalink)
    1. Insert -> DXi and pick a soft synth (Edirol comes in SHS - see the tutorial).

2. Edit -> Select all.

3. Edit -> Bounce to a track.

4. Select the new track.

5. File -> Export to wave.
    daveny5
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16934
    RE: Convert midi to wav 2007/03/26 22:44:59 (permalink)
    You're assuming he doesn't want the sounds from his Sound Canvas SC-55. If you want those sounds, then you need to playback the MIDI tracks on the Sound Canvas while simultaneously recording them onto an audio track. Then when you have all the audio tracks recorded, you can export them to a WAV file. I have several external synths and I wouldn't want to substitute those sounds for the Edirol VSC.

Dave
    Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
    Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
    Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
    Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
    Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
    Chez Jonesy
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 179
    RE: Convert midi to wav 2007/03/28 15:25:54 (permalink)
    good point, dave.

another thing i've done is plug the audio outputs from the external synth into my mixer, and just record it as an audio file to begin with.
    no need to go through the trouble of recordind a midi file and converting it to audio if all you want in the end is audio.

that said, here's what i'd do.

1- connect your midi in and out cables between your synth and your computer
    2- connect the audio cables between your synth and your mixer (or what ever device you use to input external audio signals into sonar)
    3- record your midi track and get it sounding the way you want.
    4- arm an audio track track for recording and solo your midi track - when you click record, the midi track will be sending signals to your synth, which will be output through the synths audio. your mixer will hear this, and send it to sonar as the input for your armed audio track.

hope this helps

cj

Vancouver, BC
    visit www.chezjonesy.com.
    running Sonar PATINUM Producer 
    SIXalbums and lots of tunes on-line.
    also, check out the Moon Tunes section for some great jam session recordings. 
    Presonus Studiolive mixer, microKORG, A800 Pro, MS-20, guitars, basses, Yammaha DTXPLORER, M-AUDIO CX8's.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1