Cosmic Overture , and anti NWO inspired track ....

Author
HiddenMaster
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18
2012/07/03 08:33:35 (permalink)

Cosmic Overture , and anti NWO inspired track ....

Hey guys !

So here are some other tracks i made on sonar 8.5 , just before i got my hands on X1 ....

The mix is from a few weeks back , and i have made some progress since then, so these are not 100% great mixes ,
but moreso a lot of energy and power .... 

Firstup is a kindof  classical / spacey / metal  vibe ... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HZgP3sEdpE

and second a totally different affair , some pure technical rage , if you are in the know maybe you will understand the lyrics ...
I used LP64 heavily on this , its probably a bit much , but really brought out the chaotic feel and drum gallop .
Also applied audio snap quantize to the vocals , which made some cool unearthly/ stretched pronunciations....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-iyGMARWC4 

Enjoy! 

i7 12gHz 8gb RAM / Sonar X1 Producer / Motu 896MK3H / ESP / Ibanez / ADA Preamps / Mesa Boogie poweramps / Korg Triton keys / Addictive Drums /

5 Replies Related Threads

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:Cosmic Overture , and anti NWO inspired track .... 2012/07/03 11:53:59 (permalink)
    Your music is very powerful to say the least.  I enjoyed the first song with its speed drumming and epic arrangement.  The performances are well done, and it does grab one's attention.  Are these drums live or programmed?  I'm guessing programmed.

The comments you made about the second song gave me a chuckle.  You take the time to write good lyrics, process them, and then do everything in your power to disguise and bury them.  I hope you include a lyric sheet with your CDs and DVDs when you publish them.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    HiddenMaster
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 18
    Re:Cosmic Overture , and anti NWO inspired track .... 2012/07/03 16:48:29 (permalink)
    Hey Lynn , always good to hear your input man ! I love your synth space-cat lol !

The drums are "addictive drums vst" but i input them using midi keyboard , tapping them in manually , build up a beat then copy and paste it in staff view to build the song.
    I am trying to make them as "real" sounding as possible , the Tubelever effect used on them with "mix warmer" setting , it seems to make them a little more hi-fi sounding if that is the right term ...
    Is there anything you could suggest to make them a bit more real ?

LOL a few people now say to me , your vocals are too low ... it is a tough one , i am just a guitarist/keyboardist and only recently tried vocals , so i am not very confident with them , im not sure of my own voice ... It was really a move to get away from doing extended instrumentals and be able to create little concept songs ... Maybe in time i will improve , but next mix i will boost them a little higher and Ill be back to pester you soon !! 
    Thanks again 

i7 12gHz 8gb RAM / Sonar X1 Producer / Motu 896MK3H / ESP / Ibanez / ADA Preamps / Mesa Boogie poweramps / Korg Triton keys / Addictive Drums /
    Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:Cosmic Overture , and anti NWO inspired track .... 2012/07/03 17:39:54 (permalink)
    First, I want to say that you are doing a masterful job of programming the drums.  Until I saw a speed metal band live, I never would have thought this possible for a real drummer, but now I know better.  I really have no major suggestions for making them more "real", except to randomly vary the volume of individual notes here and there.

As for your vocal, I'm glad to hear that you are making the transition from instrumentals to vocal songs.  I know exactly how difficult it can be.  What I can hear of your voice sounds very unique and suited for this style of music.  Your lyrics are good enough to be proud of, and you might try making the total plunge into vocal music.  While you may be unsure of your voice now, in time you will gain confidence and fans.  You may even find a great deal of pleasure in capturing a great performance.  The voice may be one of the most difficult instruments in the world to record well, but very satisfying.  I invite you to pester us anytime, I look forward to it.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    Re:Cosmic Overture , and anti NWO inspired track .... 2012/07/04 01:04:29 (permalink)
    And timing. A human can play that fast, but not perfectly every beat. And velocity, the strikes are not the same intensity on every hit.

Epic is right. Though I am not a huge metal fan myself, I do dabble and I think these are some very cool and creative tracks.

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    twisted6s
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2001
    Re:Cosmic Overture , and anti NWO inspired track .... 2012/07/04 06:45:38 (permalink)
    Loved it!!

Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0 ghz processor, 8 gig ram, 2.5Tb drives, Sonar Platinum, Lynx L22, FMR Audio RNP & RNC, Mackie HR824, Neumann tlm 103, Window 10 64
    https://soundcloud.com/twisted6s/sets/tony-pruden

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1