Cover of Monster by Paramore

Author
JComissio
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 92
2011/09/08 15:52:32 (permalink)

Cover of Monster by Paramore

Hey guys,

I thought I'd share my cover of Paramore's Monster.  Let me know what you think.  If you have any questions about the mix then please feel free to ask!  Thanks!

-Jonathan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDpaiA2upsE

8 Replies Related Threads

mgh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8594
    Re:Cover of Monster by Paramore 2011/09/08 18:43:14 (permalink)
    musically pretty good dude, nice guitar (loving that top!) and playing, vocals are good too. why you are covering a female vocal song dressed like Fred Durst is another matter...

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    TheBerlinPatient
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 32
    Re:Cover of Monster by Paramore 2011/09/08 20:57:48 (permalink)
    That was a fantastic recording man if you got any tips about how you mastered it I would love to here em thanks , again great job . 
    Maxprizm
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 824
    Re:Cover of Monster by Paramore 2011/09/08 21:10:15 (permalink)
    Good mix. It lacks some of the personality and intensity of the original but great effort. Their drummer is a beast, well I guess he's gone now, but still a consumate Rock drummer.

Ed Edge

JComissio
    Re:Cover of Monster by Paramore 2011/09/08 23:10:22 (permalink)
    mgh

musically pretty good dude, nice guitar (loving that top!) and playing, vocals are good too. why you are covering a female vocal song dressed like Fred Durst is another matter...

hahahaha wow you're so right.  First off, I definitely can't touch Hayley's vocals - she's beast.  I honestly just really like covering songs I like.  Why I'm dressed like Fred Durst?  That is an excellent question I cannot answer haha.  Thanks for the compliments dude - and I love that guitar top too! (Michael Kelly).  I appreciate you checkin it out.

-Jonathan
    JComissio
    Re:Cover of Monster by Paramore 2011/09/08 23:21:27 (permalink)
    TheBerlinPatient

That was a fantastic recording man if you got any tips about how you mastered it I would love to here em thanks , again great job . 

Hey dude thanks for checking it out - I'm glad you liked it.  As far as the mastering, it was all done in the box with Ozone 4.  I'm not at all an experienced mastering engineer, but I do the very little that I can.  As far as loudness, what I do is I track my drums/guitars/bass/vox and then IMMEDIATELY before I do anything else I put Ozone on the master bus and bump up the volume with the maximizer.  I mix the song while it's really loud because every single time I've pushed the volume after I mixed it the mix changes way too much and I can't get it loud enough without it pumping.  Now I don't know if this is right or wrong, but it seems to work decently for me.  When the mix is done I pretty much adjust a few frequencies with the EQ in Ozone, maybe do some multiband compression, and that's pretty much it.  For this song, I dipped a little in the high-mids, rolled off very little of the lows just to tame the sub bass frequencies, and dipped just a little bit in the 300hz range for clarity.  That's about it dude.  Hope it helps.  

-Jonathan
    JComissio
    Re:Cover of Monster by Paramore 2011/09/08 23:23:31 (permalink)
    Maxprizm

Good mix. It lacks some of the personality and intensity of the original but great effort. Their drummer is a beast, well I guess he's gone now, but still a consumate Rock drummer.

Thanks for the compliments dude.  Yeah I definitely agree - it's really hard to cover that band (especially the vocals).  I definitely prefer Hayley's vox over mine - she makes it sound so aggressive and intense like you said.  But anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

-Jonathan
    BENZOFOG
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 108
    Re:Cover of Monster by Paramore 2011/09/09 01:52:45 (permalink)
    I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE WHOLE THING GREAT JOB!
    JComissio
    Re:Cover of Monster by Paramore 2011/09/09 08:38:23 (permalink)
    BENZOFOG

I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE WHOLE THING GREAT JOB!

Thanks dude I really appreciate it!

-Jonathan
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1