CrashPlan discontinuing their Home backup subscription

Author
sharke
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13933
2017/12/10 23:50:41 (permalink)

CrashPlan discontinuing their Home backup subscription

I use CrashPlan to backup my data to the cloud, works great for audio files and you also get a very convenient version history to fall back on should you need to. Costs me about $90/year I think. 

I just went to their website and saw the following:

Effective August 22, 2017, Code42 will no longer offer new – or renew – CrashPlan for Home subscriptions, and we will begin to sunset the product over several months. 
CrashPlan for Home will no longer be available for use starting October 23, 2018.At Code42, protecting your data is important to us. As we shift our business strategy to focus exclusively on enterprise and small business segments, you have two great options to continue getting the best backup solution.Please read on to determine how this change will impact your CrashPlan for Home subscription and what steps you should take to ensure a smooth transition to a new backup solution. 
Underneath this it says: 
If you are an existing CrashPlan for Home Customer

We will honor your existing CrashPlan for Home subscription, keeping your data safe, as always.
To allow you time to transition to a new backup solution, we’ve extended your subscription (at no cost to you) by 60 days.
We are committed to providing you with the easiest and most efficient transition possible. 
The good news is that CrashPlan is now recommending Carbonite as an alternative to their Home backup plan, and it's only $60/year. Woo hoo!

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!

1 Reply Related Threads

tenfoot
    Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2186
    Re: CrashPlan discontinuing their Home backup subscription 2017/12/11 18:54:00 (permalink)
    Thats a great example of how a company should 'transition'. Next you'll be telling us you can still contact them after the announcement. :)

Bruce.

Sonar Platinum 2017-09, Studio One 3.5.3, Win 10 x64, Quad core i7, RME Fireface, Behringer X32 Producer, Behringer X32 Rack, Presonus Faderport, Lemure Software Controller (Android), Enttec DMXIS VST lighting controller, Xtempo POK.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1