Create a "re-record" mode and "chord track/pad" functionality

Author
Milton
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 32
2014/12/05 21:59:48 (permalink)
3 (1)

Create a "re-record" mode and "chord track/pad" functionality

As a guitarist who records alone, I have to get into a "musical groove" while I function as both the musician being recorded as well as the recording engineer.  If I'm unsatisfied with a recording take, I  have to take several steps to record another take. This shuts down my "groove" sometimes. Would like to see a "re-record" mode similar to Cubase, where all I have to do if unhappy with a take, is to hit the record key (R) and the bad take is deleted, the track rearmed to record, and the transport starts rolling from where I originally started the first (unhappy with) take. "One" key to re-record would definitely help me work faster as well as keep me in the "groove".

ADK Intel Core i7 4770K Haswell Processor overclocked to 4.2GHz, 32Gb RAM, SSD drives, Windows 10, Lynx Aurora 8 Thunderbolt Converter, FOCAL Be6 Reference monitors, SONAR Platinum @24bit 96KHz, KONTAKT 5, Vienna Symphonic Libraries, VSL Ensemble Pro, Superior Drummer, Trillian, Ozone 7 Advanced, RX5

2 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Create a "re-record" mode and "chord track/pad" functionality 2014/12/05 22:31:50 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    While waiting for this feature to be added by Cakewalk, this is a perfect use case for AutoHotkey. Here are the scripts http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3127488

stickman393
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1528
    Re: Create a "re-record" mode and "chord track/pad" functionality 2014/12/06 13:06:54 (permalink)
    Milton
    Would like to see a "re-record" mode similar to Cubase, where all I have to do if unhappy with a take, is to hit the record key (R) and the bad take is deleted, the track rearmed to record, and the transport starts rolling from where I originally started the first (unhappy with) take. 

I too tend to work this way - but I find that the [SPACE][Ctrl-Z][R] combination is not too onerous to achieve the workflow you're describing.

Not to dump on your feature request, though.... I realize this forum is not a "request for work-arounds" :-)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1