Creating Harmonic pads with MMorph

Author
Chandler
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 477
2018/08/05 01:18:42 (permalink)

Creating Harmonic pads with MMorph

Here is another quick video on how to use MMorph to create rhythmic fx using drums and synths/guitars. This is a basic example, but of course you can go farther with it and get more interesting sounds if you choose. This is also possible with a vocooder, so even if you don't have MMorph you can give this a try. I hope you find it interesting and useful.

My soundcloud page Chandlerhimself
My Youtube page

3 Replies Related Threads

Jeff Evans
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5139
    Re: Creating Harmonic pads with MMorph 2018/08/05 19:29:47 (permalink)
    Another interesting video for sure.  One great thing you mentioned was a very creative use for a whole bunch of drum and percussion rhythmic loops. Using them to trigger sounds in plug-ins like MMorph.

This plugin is not one of the cheaper ones. $177 US and for me well over $200 AU.  So that one is well worth waiting for in the sales.

A couple off things re your video.  You have not mentioned how you get the signal from the drums into MMorph.  I guess it is through side chain.  But it might be good to mention it.  Some will be wondering.

Also it might be nice to hear the full music mix at the end with the drums, pad, guitar and perhaps a bass line.  It helps to put an effect like that much more in context.

Great plugins though like all Melda plugins!

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Chandler
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 477
    Re: Creating Harmonic pads with MMorph 2018/08/06 02:45:06 (permalink)
    Jeff- Thanks. MMorph is a bit expensive, but you can do something somewhat similar with a vocoder. I should have mentioned the sidechain part, but this was actually the 3rd time I filmed this so I missed a few things. I'll try to get more song like examples in the future, but I didn't have anything that suited this already finished. I want to do more song examples in the future, but sometimes its a matter of time. I wish I had more time to work on videos, but hopefully this year that will change.

My soundcloud page Chandlerhimself
    My Youtube page
    Jeff Evans
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5139
    Re: Creating Harmonic pads with MMorph 2018/08/06 06:13:47 (permalink)
    I think what you did even with the guitar and pad in this example showed off the fact the result was more interesting than the original sound.  Put into a full musical context will only make those parts sound better etc..Yeah another great Melda plugin for sure though.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1