Cubase 5 + Rapture Demo = No Note Release (MIDI OK though) - Please help :-)

Author
simonhookway
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2009/07/02 06:40:32 (permalink)

Cubase 5 + Rapture Demo = No Note Release (MIDI OK though) - Please help :-)

Hi.

I've got Cubase 5, v5.0.1 and the Rapture v1.0 demo.

When I play the Rapture VST with my MIDI keyboard if I hit a key it plays and if I release the key it stops. That's fine.

When I have created a tune to play in the main tune editor window and then I click on the Transport Panel to play whatever notes I have recorded against the Rapture VST they just play continuously and constantly. That's not fine! i.e. there's no 'note release'.

Please help.

I have a 32 bit operating system running Windows Vista Premium. I have ample RAM and space on my HDD drive. The processor is up to the job as well. Other VSTs I use (including Steinberg's own and many other 3rd party products) don't suffer from this.

I seriously want to buy Rapture (particularly as the demo tune that came with the free v1.1 Expansion pack is MY kind of music!) but it's a lot of money to blow if the god darn thing isn't compatible with my newer version of Cubase. :-(

Any comments gratefully received.

Simon

2 Replies Related Threads

chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    RE: Cubase 5 + Rapture Demo = No Note Release (MIDI OK though) - Please help :-) 2009/07/02 10:49:24 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: simonhookway

Hi.

I've got Cubase 5, v5.0.1 and the Rapture v1.0 demo.

When I play the Rapture VST with my MIDI keyboard if I hit a key it plays and if I release the key it stops. That's fine.

When I have created a tune to play in the main tune editor window and then I click on the Transport Panel to play whatever notes I have recorded against the Rapture VST they just play continuously and constantly. That's not fine! i.e. there's no 'note release'.

Please help.

I have a 32 bit operating system running Windows Vista Premium. I have ample RAM and space on my HDD drive. The processor is up to the job as well. Other VSTs I use (including Steinberg's own and many other 3rd party products) don't suffer from this.

I seriously want to buy Rapture (particularly as the demo tune that came with the free v1.1 Expansion pack is MY kind of music!) but it's a lot of money to blow if the god darn thing isn't compatible with my newer version of Cubase. :-(

Any comments gratefully received.

Simon

The Rapture demo is really really old now. That issue you're running into was fixed for Rapture 1.1. The latest update for Rapture is now 1.2 (both updates have added some huge FX and sound features). The free Expansion Packs have some great sounds in them, but those were also released after the demo so there aren't any demo programs of those included.

Your best bet is to use Rapture in standalone mode for the demo.

Hope this helps!

simonhookway
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: Cubase 5 + Rapture Demo = No Note Release (MIDI OK though) - Please help :-) 2009/07/02 11:00:23 (permalink)
    That's a big, big thanks Chad.

I've spent time talking to a Steinberg Cubase expect in Germany and then a Cakewalk Rapture expert in America and, between the pair of them, their help was only limited. It's the good old public at large that came to my rescue and restored my faith in humanity!

Big thanks.

Anyway, I've put an order through for it now. ;-)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1