Cubase demo now available and other info

Author
35mm
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1105
2017/11/29 14:40:44 (permalink)

Cubase demo now available and other info

The Cubase demo is now online and available here. The Cubase Pro demo requires an e-licenser dongle (mad). If you don't already have one, you can demo Cubase Elements, although bear in mind it's very limited in comparison to the Pro version. You can see a comparison between the different versions here. (Elements trial download is just under 6GB)

There was a live Q & A video session yesterday for Sonar users thinking of moving to Cubase. You can watch that here. It's well worth watching this video!

Other info I have found that you may find useful is;

In the EU/UK you can buy the crossgrade from the Steinberg website. Only the boxed version can be ordered with or without the e-licenser.

In the US you can buy the crossgrade from Sweetwater. This is a download version and you will need to buy an e-licenser dongle separately.

In other countries, you can buy from a local authorized Yamaha dealer. You can find your international distributor here.

I was able to register on their website and the forum without being a customer. So you can post questions on the forum, but I think they moderate your first forum post before it goes up.

I have been in touch with support via the website to ask some questions and they replied promptly.

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.

17 Replies Related Threads

Tom B
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 107
    Re: Cubase demo now available and other info 2017/12/01 00:22:37 (permalink)
    35mm
    The Cubase demo is now online and available here. The Cubase Pro demo requires an e-licenser dongle (mad). If you don't already have one, you can demo Cubase Elements, although bear in mind it's very limited in comparison to the Pro version. You can see a comparison between the different versions here. (Elements trial download is just under 6GB)

I bought an e-licenser dongle from the local Guitar Center, and signed-up for the Cubase Pro trial activation on the Cubase web page. The web page made it seem like an e-mail was sent to me immediately. Has anyone tried this yet?   I'm wondering how long it takes for Steinberg to send the activation e-mail. 

- Tom B.
    See the new Cakewalk by Bandlab Forum - Jan 2019.
    cityrat
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 671
    Re: Cubase demo now available and other info 2017/12/01 00:37:42 (permalink)
    Tom B
    35mm

I bought an e-licenser dongle from the local Guitar Center, and signed-up for the Cubase Pro trial activation on the Cubase web page. The web page made it seem like an e-mail was sent to me immediately. Has anyone tried this yet?   I'm wondering how long it takes for Steinberg to send the activation e-mail. 

I had to submit a few times before it went thru - or check your spam folders etc.

Sonar Platinum | Windows 7 64 bit SP1 | Intel i5 3570 3.4GHz | 8GB RAM | Gigabyte GA-B75-D3H | OCZ SSD | RME 9632
    Tom B
    Re: Cubase demo now available and other info 2017/12/01 01:00:54 (permalink)
    cityrat
    Tom B
    35mm

I had to submit a few times before it went thru - or check your spam folders etc.

Thanks for the info. I'll try again. I would think an automated server sends the activation code, and hopefully the request doesn't need approval.  

- Tom B.
    rj davis
    • Total Posts : 141
    Re: Cubase demo now available and other info 2017/12/01 01:12:26 (permalink)
    Maybe I'm a dinosaur...ok, I AM a dinosaur, but I've never needed a dongle in 25+ years of computer based music, and to think differently is a challenge.  Not saying I can't or won't, only that it's a bridge...

Nice to have a demo, but the comping features I need to audition will need a dongle for the Pro version...

Decisions, decisions...

On the other hand, I AM blazing along with Studio One.  (Full 30 day trial, no dongle)   NOT judging!  :)

Ron
    Windows 10
    Sonar Platinum
    i7-5700K 4.0 GHz StudioCat ProStudio (monster)
    RME Babyface Pro
    Mackie MCU Pro
    Neumann TLM49
    Too many guitars...
    Tom B
    Re: Cubase demo now available and other info 2017/12/01 01:21:42 (permalink)
    I'm also demo'ing Studio One.  So far, I've made a quick mix of 12 tracks of audio, and working on another project with MIDI with a several audio tracks. 

I wasn't pleased about having to purchase a dongle for the Cubase demo, but really want to give it try.  

- Tom B.
    michael diemer
    • Total Posts : 1128
    Re: Cubase demo now available and other info 2017/12/01 02:12:03 (permalink)
    There are three options in the download assistant: Cubase 9.5. upgrade from 9.0, and the Cubase 9.5 demo project. Which one do you download? (Obviously not the upgrade, so it's between the other two).

michael diemer
    Intel Quad Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
    32 GB ram
    1TB Western Digital Black X2
    Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64
    UR22 interface
    Bandlab Cakewalk/Sonar 8.5 Studio
    GPO-EWQLSO Gold-Vienna SP ED-Cinematic Strings 2

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re: Cubase demo now available and other info 2017/12/01 02:27:39 (permalink)
    I've tried submitting my email - actually I've tried 2 different emails 2 times each in 2 different browsers and I am not ever getting the "steinberg password" in order to continue to the download.  It's not a problem with spam folder either, I have checked directly on the server and I've not received an email at all on either account.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Tom B
    Re: Cubase demo now available and other info 2017/12/01 02:46:36 (permalink)
    Michael and Beagle, thanks for the replies...

I went to the link which '35mm' provided above -- which is the same location when traversing from Steinberg's home page to the Cubase Trial.  On that page, it's asks for an e-mail address and says they will send an activation code and presumably a download location.  I haven't gotten as far as downloading the demo software.  Perhaps I missed something on the Cubase "trial" webpage.

It's seems like Beagle is not getting a response either.  Perhaps there's a server issue, and maybe will have to wait until the workday begins in Europe.

- Tom B.
    Beagle
    Re: Cubase demo now available and other info 2017/12/01 02:59:36 (permalink)
    Tom - I had also received an email from Steinberg titled "Try now Cubase 9.5 for free" because I have an account with Steinberg from my Yamaha included AI old version (4).  I also tried clicking on the link in that email and did the same thing but it would not send me an activation "password" to download the trial. even if I logged into my account first.

michael diemer
    Re: Cubase demo now available and other info 2017/12/01 04:29:20 (permalink)
    Are you guys putting in your Steinberg account passwords? I missed it the first time, it's at the bottom of the page, and I didn't scroll down enough to see it.

michael diemer
    32 GB ram
    UR22 interface

Tom B
    Re: Cubase demo now available and other info 2017/12/01 05:08:35 (permalink)
    I don't have an existing Steinberg account. Maybe I misunderstood.  At the top of the trial software page it says "... subscribe now and experience our most complete DAW ..."  Thought I was subscribing and getting access to the download, but maybe I need to create an account elsewhere first.   I'll give it a try.

- Tom B.
    35mm
    • Total Posts : 1105
    Re: Cubase demo now available and other info 2017/12/01 06:51:41 (permalink)
    You have to create a Steinberg account first to get the demo. The email should be sent immediately.

Cubase has always used a dongle since the Atari ST days. It always will.

I tried the demo but the GUI has an issue on my system which is nuts, so I will be going with Studio One this time.

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.
    Tom B
    Re: Cubase demo now available and other info 2017/12/01 07:41:03 (permalink)
    Thanks 35mm.  I'll try creating the account and downloading the demo tomorrow.   

- Tom B.
    JClosed
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 690
    Re: Cubase demo now available and other info 2017/12/01 07:52:47 (permalink)
    michael diemer
    There are three options in the download assistant: Cubase 9.5. upgrade from 9.0, and the Cubase 9.5 demo project. Which one do you download? (Obviously not the upgrade, so it's between the other two).

The program download is Cubase 9.5, and the demo project is just that. After installing Cubase 9.5 you can load in the demo project as an example how Cubase can be used.

I am already a Cubase user (I have used Cubase alongside Sonar for a long time), but I have installed Cubase 9.5 alongside my Cubase 9.0 install. That way I have a rock steady base for daily use, and a new version of the platform to experiment with. I will purchase the update this December, and by that time I probably have tested out most stuff to migrate partly to the new version. I always wait until the first bugfix update to migrate fully. More than 40 year software experience have learned me to do that with literally every program, small or big.

And 35mm.. Sorry to see that your demo turned out to be so disappointing. Everybody on the forum(s) seem to be baffled by what is happening on your system. It's understandable you will go for Studio One. Too bad, as I would have loved to help a fellow Sonarian with the first steps in his new software. Unfortunately I do not know enough from Studio One  to be at any help here, but I am sure you will see a lot fellow Sonarians on the Presonus website. Anyway - Good luck with your new program (whatever it will turn out to be). 
    Frank-US
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 57
    Re: Cubase demo now available and other info 2017/12/01 09:21:28 (permalink)
    35mm

I tried the demo but the GUI has an issue on my system which is nuts, so I will be going with Studio One this time.

Could you send me a PM and leave an e-mail address since the system don't allow any reply to a PM until next Monday?
    Best,
    Frank
    Beagle
    Re: Cubase demo now available and other info 2017/12/01 13:31:02 (permalink)
    michael diemer
    Are you guys putting in your Steinberg account passwords? I missed it the first time, it's at the bottom of the page, and I didn't scroll down enough to see it.

that was so unclear from the process!  I finally am able to download.

michael diemer
    Re: Cubase demo now available and other info 2017/12/01 17:56:43 (permalink)
    Frank-US
    35mm

Could you send me a PM and leave an e-mail address since the system don't allow any reply to a PM until next Monday?
    Best,
    Frank

Yes, happened with me too. If you have Windows 7, you have to use aero view. I usually don't, as part of my optimizing routine. I switched to aero and all is well.

michael diemer
    32 GB ram
    UR22 interface

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1