Custom sampling/sound engineering services, anyone?

Author
cadamo
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2009/03/16 08:29:29 (permalink)

Custom sampling/sound engineering services, anyone?

Hey there.

I need to re-create a specific sound from a song that I have (which I think are actually 2 or 3 basic sounds layered). The sound in the song cannot be isolated and easily re-sampled because other instruments are playing at the sample time.
Unfortunately, I do not have the sound engineering experience and the knowledge to do this with a reasonable amount of effort, and I also tend to think we all should focus only at what we are best at! For people with the experience, this should be a fairly straight forward task.

Because of this, I wanted to know if anyone here can, or knows someone who can, do something like this at a reasonable price. I would provide the entire song and the part that plays the instrument. What I need to get back is a sound that is "reasonably similar" to the original one, and in a format that I can either (a) load as a preset on any the softsynths that come with Sonar Producer, or (b) that I can upload to my Fantom-XR and play from there.

Thank you all in advanced for your help,

Christian.-

1 Reply Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Custom sampling/sound engineering services, anyone? 2009/03/17 00:08:45 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: cadamo
    For people with the experience, this should be a fairly straight forward task.

maybe in older times, but not any more due to the sheer amount of synths / soft synths out there.. you can probably get a close match but not an exact one..

things like saw / sine / triangle type sounds aren't so tricky to suss.

you might find things like NI kore useful where you can layer 3 sounds.. but getting the exact sound, well easiest was is to get them off the original person.. they might be standard patches OR custom ones.
    post edited by Fog - 2009/03/17 16:07:33
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1