Cyclone issue.

Author
kboyarsky
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2006/09/22 18:53:34 (permalink)

Cyclone issue.

Hello,

I'm trying to use Cyclone inside SONAR4 as a MIDI-triggered sampler for live performance. I'm running into a problem, however. Is there a way to configure Cyclone so that if I trigger Pad 1, for example, it will play the entire sample, even if I trigger the same pad again before it's done. I want the samples to overlap, but the default behavior is apparently to cut the sample and start over, resulting in an audible click as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

2 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Cyclone issue. 2006/09/22 19:45:33 (permalink)
    if I trigger Pad 1, for example, it will play the entire sample, even if I trigger the same pad again before it's done.
    You can spread the MIDI trigger notes over a range, and each of those will trigger the pad's sample. Set the range in Key Low and Key High (under the main trigger note: Key Unity). Alternately, click on the MIDI keyboard icon to the center left, and spread the range with the arrow markers. Unity will be in yellow; Key Low and Key High will be a darker shade of blue.

The downside on this will be that the target sample is transposed a in apparent pitch with each key in the spread. If this isn't acceptable in your situation, I'd suggest loading the same sample to adjacent pads. By default, Pad 1 and Pad 2 will be triggered by C5 and D5. Triggering those two notes (or adjusting those notes to other values) will play the sample through in its entirety by alternating between them.
    kboyarsky
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: Cyclone issue. 2006/09/23 02:14:38 (permalink)
    I tried this, and even if it was reasonable for me to devote multiple keys to each sample, it still doesn't work if you're triggering them fast enough that you click back on the 1st pad before it's done. Do you know if it's simply possible to get cyclone to play the entire sample?

Thanks.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1