D Pro error: "Multi Sample not found" Any help?

Author
capitolellis
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24
2010/08/22 11:43:36 (permalink)

D Pro error: "Multi Sample not found" Any help?

Hello all.  I'm running VISTA Ultimate 64-bit with 3 SATA hard drives.  I upgraded to Sonar 8.5 several months ago.  My one Seagate HD with all of my samples crashed soon after.  Seagate repaired it, (firmware issue.)  I have since received the "Multi Sample not found" error when trying to load an instrument, (.sfz file.)  Since I'm leery of my "faulty" Seagate HD, I decided to install a new Western Digital, (thinking there could still be an issue potentially with the old drive.)  I move the samples to the new HD and I still receive the same error message.  I then reinstalled DP from the Sonar 8.5 DVDs.  I still have the same problem.

I can not verify if I had this issue after upgrading to 8.5 and before the HD crash, because the failure happened soon after and I wasn't using DP much for the projects at that time.  My guess is it's an upgrade problem and not related to the HD failure.

It just seems as though DP is not pointed to the correct folder.  I can find all of the samples and files through Windows Explorer.

Doing a little research I read if you changed the location of the samples folder, the Windows Registry may need to be changed in order to reflect the correct path.  When I access "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Cakewalk Music Software/Dimension Pro", there is no registry value to change for the Dimension Pro Library.  Only the following values are listed:

Company Name
Language
User Name

OK my friendly DP gurus, any advice?

Thank you!

3 Replies Related Threads

Chregg
    Max Output Level: -51.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2382
    Re:D Pro error: "Multi Sample not found" Any help? 2010/08/22 11:50:36 (permalink)
    dim por will go looking for the default folder where the multi samples are, if your clicking on the sfz file and it's not finding the multi samples, it's because 1- like i said not in the default directory (dim pro multi samples or 2 the multi samples are in a folder inside a folder, i had that problem installing expansion packs, were i had to removethem from the folder that was inside the folder, check where the multi samples are and the names of the folders they are in, hope this helps
    capitolellis
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24
    Re:D Pro error: "Multi Sample not found" Any help? 2010/08/22 12:02:39 (permalink)
    Thank you.  I'll check it out.
    ChristopherM
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1921
    Re:D Pro error: "Multi Sample not found" Any help? 2010/08/24 08:03:29 (permalink)
    Doing a little research I read if you changed the location of the samples folder, the Windows Registry may need to be changed in order to reflect the correct path. When I access "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Cakewalk Music Software/Dimension Pro", there is no registry value to change for the Dimension Pro Library.
    If you have upgraded to 1.5, be aware that the registry keys have changed from /Dimension Pro to /dp.  If you have moved the sample library yourself after install, then you must alter the corresponding registry key or you will get the "not found" error.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1