DA - Your Assignment

Author
techead
Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4353
2005/06/16 21:52:09 (permalink)

DA - Your Assignment

Digi,

As a bonified glory days P5er who has hung tough against the sneers you are a mighty warrior who NEEDS to post a P5 Wiki article.

I have the perfect first assignment for you: a simple article on how to get the new Dimension drum sounds into Velocity.

How about it? I've already got a link to your new article set up on the http://p5.sonarama.com/p5/index.php/Tutorial_List page. All you have to do is click on the link to your article and it will open up an editing window in your web browser. Just type in your text and hit save. That easy. For special formatting options there are help links in the editor plus Mike and Jim and I can help answer any questions you have and help with the formatting.

Are you ready?

http://p5.sonarama.com/p5/index.php/Tutorial_List
post edited by techead - 2005/06/16 22:13:54

8 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: DA - Your Assignment 2005/06/16 22:07:20 (permalink)
    I have the perfect first assignment for you: a simple article on how to get the new Dimension drum sounds into Velocity.
    Oh, no: this is going to take forever to complete ...<g>
    techead
    RE: DA - Your Assignment 2005/06/16 22:14:34 (permalink)
    LOL...See my edit above, B. I created the link for him so he doesn't have to worry about how to get access to the page. All he has to do is type...

Now, what about your assignment? Hmmm....
    b rock
    RE: DA - Your Assignment 2005/06/16 22:21:37 (permalink)
    Now, what about your assignment? Hmmm....
    It's coming; I'm just getting settled back into the groove. Let's face it: don't have the luxury of starting out with an easy assignment. I've set the threshold high enough for my own personal goals to preclude anything that I didn't find spectacular myself as a first effort.
    Digital Aura
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5118
    RE: DA - Your Assignment 2005/06/17 10:18:38 (permalink)
    YAY...this is just like school again! Ok Teach' ... I'm on it!! (Just for the brownie points!)

I like this WIKI thing, but its so frightening!
    Digital Aura
    RE: DA - Your Assignment 2005/06/18 12:31:22 (permalink)
    OK.. my homework is done!! Can I go out and play now!?
    b rock
    RE: DA - Your Assignment 2005/06/18 19:32:55 (permalink)
    Not quite, Greg. Now that 2.01 has Dimension supporting .aif audio files, and Velocity always has, you might consider adding that to your tutorial. Hmm ... DA writing tutorials instead of asking for them. What's this world coming to? <g>

I know that I could edit this myself, but I wouldn't think of despoilng this 'homework assignment' with any additions/corrections from me. Congrats on 'conquering your fears', Greg.; that's a great first effort. Now it's my turn to get past this 'Wiki is icky' mind-set. Actually, I'm just kidding. It's simply laziness & familiarity that has me posting something at the last minute to the forum instead of the intended landing spot in the Wiki. I'll get over that (eventually). How'd you find your 'maiden voyage' to be: smooth sailing?
    techead
    RE: DA - Your Assignment 2005/06/18 21:22:10 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Digital Aura

Very nice, Digi...you definitely get a good grade for today...very nice indeed. This Wiki is really becoming quite a repository very quickly.

You notice that www.project5.com still has not posted the two most recent tutorials from René's DimensionalTips series? Nor does it have all of the various information collected thus far about CPU usage, troubleshooting sound quality issues, etc. etc. etc. That is because this loose-knit bunch of P5 loyalists collectively have a lot more time and individual experiences to put this stuff together in a way that is helpful to all of us in very quick fashion. That is why we need the Wiki and we need all of us to contribute...what an awesome resource. THANK YOU MIKE!
    Digital Aura
    RE: DA - Your Assignment 2005/06/19 19:31:51 (permalink)
    I concur techead!
    They just don't have the time that us uber-geeks do.
    So yeah, the WIKI thing just had to be done. Hopefully they'll at least get around to providing a link to it if nothing else.

It looks great. Not cluttery...looks clean and chock full of only the most useful material too!
    I like it! Best resource we've had since B-Rocks PSYN tuts!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1